V-Twin Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
06 CUSE Cold Start problem

Thequidg said:
The motorcycle costs $32k. It does not come with a SERT. It runs lean, causing it to sputter occasionally, often dying in the mniddle of intersections. In order to make the $32k bike run right, the overpaying customer must purchase the SERT for $400 and pay an additional $200 for the dyno.

I plan to push HD into correcting the problem without cost to me. Again, I expect the f**king thing to run right when I buy it! It's not as though I bought it from a shady guy down the street.
MOCO is aware of this problem with CUSE. Tell you Service Manager to call them for the solution. I heard there is a revised Flash (EPA Approved) that was released on Feb 20th. If this doesn't fix the problem, I also heard MOCO will authorize the dealer to install SERT (no charge).
You can call HD Customer Service yourself if you want. Not sure what they will tell (admit to) you 1-414-343-4056 (I think that is the number).

Good luck and do not purchase the SERT until you have your dealer check with MOCO first. And if you do purchase, look at the version of the disc first. If it is "F", tell them you will hold out for "G" unless they will give you a copy free when it finally comes in. Otherwise you will pay another $20 for the updated disc.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Larger Injector's

Thequidg said:
My dealer called me and told me HD has issued a service bulletin regarding the sputtering problem. He said the fix is likely to be larger fuel injectors. I have an appointment on Tuesday. I'll report my findings. Cheers!
The bulletin is not for the 06 CUSE (103 SE Engine). In fact, the 06 CUSE has these injectors already on the bike. Same problem though as for the other Larger Build bikes the bulletin covers! So maybe they are on the right track for fixing the CUSE. They are supposed to have an EPA approved flash or cartridge(?) to fix the problem with the 103.
There is a link on the HTT site where you can secure a copy of the Bulletin if not already on this board.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re-map

I got it back from dealer today. They tell me my bike qualifies for the re-map. HD hasn't released it yet. They claim they'll call. They also ordered a new radio since mine skips while playing CDs. They have a SB on that one, too.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thequidg said:
I got it back from dealer today. They tell me my bike qualifies for the re-map. HD hasn't released it yet. They claim they'll call. They also ordered a new radio since mine skips while playing CDs. They have a SB on that one, too.
Keep on them for the cold start issue. +SMSH+ I was told if the special re-flash does not work (and do not let them put a Stage 1 Flash in hoping to solve the problem) the MOCO may cover a race tuner if your bike is having serious issues with stalling. I think the key to my solution was having the dealer call MOCO first (my bike was still at home) to confirm the problem existed (service manager had not heard of the problem before). I told them to call me when they got it solved.

·
Registered
203 Posts
angleflights said:
The buzz is HD is recalling the injectors on bikes that use the 8 degree injectors due to startup , backfireing and lean problems. Check it out.
However, this does not apply to the CUSE (103's) as they already have the 25 degree injectors. They also have the same Cold Start problems.:huh:

·
Registered
16 Posts
My steraler talked the MOCO today and was told they DO NOT install SERTs to take care of this issue. They said they're working on a new map but haven't finished it yet. I'm sending them a letter directly to ask the status. I think it would be a shame for them to get sued by a grieving widow for a wrong death.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.