V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Save money on that canned map

You will end up paying for a download that's still gonna be running lean. I, too, ended up getting a SERT after paying for a couple of different downloads.
Some 'stealers' will actually have someone that knows how to dyno tune the SERT. After the 'stage one' re-map, my bike was still backfiring thru the throttle body and just generally running sh*tty. Of course the selling dealer will tell you 'That's how a Harley runs' (Hehehehe) My scoot was running so lean, while out in Co. at upper elevations the motor sounded like someone had a handful of marbles and were shaking them. Start out with a SERT and save yourself the frustration. The SERT will correct a lot problems such as intermittent 'high idle', and all the coughing and kicking back thru the throttle body. It also dropped the temp of my oil 20 degrees. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Thequidg said:
I'm a bit confused. My FLHTCUSE runs lean. It occasionally sputters and often dies. The dealer thinks this is no big deal and I should just get used to riding a Harley, because that's the way they act. This is my third fuel injected Harley and neither of the other two ever acted like this one. I was told there is nothing they can do, just live with it. Sorry, but for $32k the bike needs to run right when I pick it up, not after I spend another few hundred dollars on additional equipment that will void the warranty.
'
Until you install the SERT, it's gonna run terrible. Have it installed by an authorized dealer (not necessarily where the bike was bought) and the warranty won't be voided. My '03 Ultra was kicking back thru the throttle body, misfiring, dying and generally running sh*tty. SERT cured all of that and more. Make sure to have the SERT set up with a dynamometer.
F*ck the maps it comes with. My stock TC88 is at 79 hp. (I'd have to look up the paper work for the torque). 32,500 miles. Best addition to the bike I've ever made sides the Hogtunes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.