V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting a simple project and wanted input, I have an 02 flhtcui and want a sportier look to it for around town, got the gizmos that make the tourpac quick disconnect, antenna relocation etc... problem is this, that is really offered for the standard or classic versions, the ultra has like over 20 wires from the tourpac, from the speakers, radio controls and lighting, but this is my proposed plan, weatherproof elec quick disconnects, i went to the junk yard, searched around and found that the "geo storm" has a nice weatherproof multipin connectors in thier... i snipped two of them out. planning on splicing them in about under the seat area, where as i would have to pull the seat off to do the change over but thats not that big a deal... my friend has a classic, and just snipped his wires... hes gonna have fun if he wants to put it back on... was just looking for input if anyone has ever done this?...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yea..

Antennas are a problem im dealing with, i have read that the hidden antennas, dont work that great so im just going with the relocation kit for the am/fm... but was wondering about the cb antenna, although i never never use this was thinking about just splicing in a disconnect for it... is there such a thing as relocation or ideas for the cb?

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
You're going about it the right way. You do know you can also order any needed pins, sockets, connectors thru HD. Price is reasonable last time I did it. If you're not using the CB, I'd just disconnect. I'm sure the radio antenna relocation kit could also probably be adapted for the CB. Almost anything is possible to do with enough time and effort.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Itools, the wiring harnesses that go to the speaker pods in the rear already have quick-connects on them. they are probably tucked into the pods. The only place you'll need to put a connector in is at the wires that go to the lights in the tour-pac. I think it's either 3 or 4 wires there. I just used a trailer connector. The antennae are the big pain in the a**. I had to use a combination of bnc connectors to get that to work. Placed a 12" car antenna on the bracket for the saddlebags on the left, and a CB mount on the bracket on the right. Very clean and easy.

Ken

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To UltraKC

UltraKC - i saw those connectors, but there after gromets and mounting.. i want to truley make it easy to take off the tourpac and replace it.. going that route would take some time to put it back together... ps, any way i could talk you into a snapshot of your antenna config? if so, email is [email protected]
Thanks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.