V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a LOW seat so that I could be flat footed at stops. I really do like it, and have no problems with 200++ mile days. But.......my wife has been getting the burn after 75-100 miles. Have any of you done anything to the pillion only, and if so, what?

I bought a sheepskin thinking that it may help, but it doesn’t seem to help any.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
I bought a LOW seat so that I could be flat footed at stops. I really do like it, and have no problems with 200++ mile days. But.......my wife has been getting the burn after 75-100 miles. Have any of you done anything to the pillion only, and if so, what?

I bought a sheepskin thinking that it may help, but it doesn’t seem to help any.
Find an upholsterer and have them replace the foam with bubble foam. The same foam in Mustang and Corbin seats. Or she could ride her own bike, just make sure her bike dosen't look as good as yours.lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Find an upholsterer and have them replace the foam with bubble foam. The same foam in Mustang and Corbin seats. Or she could ride her own bike, just make sure her bike dosen't look as good as yours.lol.
She used to ride her own, but another female friend dumped hers just in front of my wife. Broken collar bone, 5 broke ribs, and a punctured lung at 60 years old, she decided to let me do the driving. Bad part is that ALL the guys we rode with said she was one of the best women riders they’d rode with.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
She used to ride her own, but another female friend dumped hers just in front of my wife. Broken collar bone, 5 broke ribs, and a punctured lung at 60 years old, she decided to let me do the driving. Bad part is that ALL the guys we rode with said she was one of the best women riders they’d rode with.
Any sport will get you hurt. One second of inattention and bam you are hurt. There have been more than a few times I have thought someone is watching over me.

Ok the seat. I have tried gel, park the bike in the sun and the gel will fry your buns for 20 minutes. Sheepskin and beads, nada. Maybe one of those blue egg sitter cushions. Maybe not. Good luck in your search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts