V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded my Softail on a 06 FLHTI. I do not plan on adding a radio, but womdering if anyone has seen a door or removable cover for the storage area left by the radio 'blank". I use this for sunglasses and other small s__t, but it can obviously fall out if your not paying attention (i.e.; my brand new mirrored clear specs!). Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. I am thinking I could probably make one out of a sheet of black plastic or something, but there may be a prefab already available?

:thanks:

·
Registered
417 Posts
I use a piece of black foam rubber cut to fit the opening. I keep the garage door opener and sunglassed in there and just push the foam back to keep them trapped. Cost was zero. The leather pouch is nice also.

Tom

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
I have the fairing pouch on mine and it works great. The front did fad in the sun though. Looks dirty brown now. Oh well it still works.

·
Registered
798 Posts
LittleBear said:
I have the fairing pouch on mine and it works great. The front did fad in the sun though. Looks dirty brown now. Oh well it still works.
Mine also faded after 3 years so I picked up some Dupli-Color material & fabric color spray (Black) from the local auto parts store (Murray's) in a spray can and now it looks like new again. Love the pouch.

·
Registered
319 Posts
!

I had a pouch made out of ridgid leather, that had velcro to fasten it shut. It worked very well and looked alot better than what the MOCO has to offer. It only cost me $30.

"there being no charges filed---I stand mute"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts