V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week ago my riding partner got his SERK.

The dyno numbers were very similar to what was reported in the magazines, bike had 79.6 HP and 85.7 TQ as delivered by the dealer.

After playing with it a little it is considerably better. No engine changes other then canisters, air cleaner and a weeks worth of programming, actually maybe 4 hours over the course of a week.
Result 104.9 HP and 109.3 TQ with totally stock engine.

Not too shabby. LOL

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The curves do not cross at 5250 because the dyno operator used different scales for HP and TQ as you can see on the margins.

·
Registered
276 Posts
wow, that's awsome for just letting it breath and tuning! Did you use the HD Tuner or Power commander?

Nasty dip at 2500 though.......time for a 2 into 1........

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tuner. You can't feel the dip when you ride it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hippo, If this is the new 103, I wouldn't mind taking a look at the .mt2 file if you can email it. Might have some ideas. I'll swap you a hot 1550 Stage I.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Did you make any runs after the air cleaner was worked on but before the tuner was put into play?

Side Note: American Iron has a nice article this month showing a 88 dyna where all they did was instal the SE air cleaner, punch or change pipes and a few other things but they ran it on the dyno after every change.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While i don't think the files are of much use on another bike other then a baseline I have no problem exchanging them.
The problem i do have is that in the one or two cases that I briefly attempted to tranfer the mt2 files out of the tuner program into any other program on my computer it doesn't recognize the file extension.
Same thing seems to happen with the old puter at home and the ones at work that use Win98 and the new one at home that uses XP prof.
Have to play with it a little to see what gives, maybe they are missing a program. Used to have the same problem with Zip files as I don't feel I should have to pay for WinZip.

·
Registered
31 Posts
HIPPO I would be intrested in that file also. Dealer got 94 hp 105 tq at wheels out of mine with filter,screamin eagle slipons and hd tuner. I dont have a scanner to post dino sheet. Are you getting much pop on decel ? Thanks Hippo. [email protected]

·
Registered
354 Posts
Impressive:D

Do I understand correctly that the Screamin' Eagle EFI Race Tuner will only work with a '02 or later Touring bike?

How helpful is the User's Manual for this software? I think this is something I could get into (but gotta get a TC first;) )

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, just Delphi's.

The user manual is very good, one of the few user manuals I have ever seen that appears to be written by engineers rather then marketing people. It also helps that it was written by native english speakers as opposed to being a machine translation from some obscure oriental language.
It is very long but will give anyone a new understanding on this EFi system and to some degree EFI in general.
It's a must have even if you don't have the bike yet, almost as good as the tech literature Bosch used to put out every time they changed a system.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They will not. Find someone that has one and download it from the CD that comes with the tuner.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hippo, The Mt2 file is encripted so you can't read it with any software other than the tuner. However, you can copy it "as is" from your computer. It will be located in Screaming Eagle Tools\ Tuning Mode\ Tuning Files then it can be emailed as an attachment like anything else. It is very small - only 63K thus it should not be Zipped. The only people who can use it are Tuner people who can read it. You are able to document in the Comments the engine configuration thus it can then be edited. Like I said if its for the SE 103 I'll swap you a hot 1550 Stage I.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hippo, I am getting ready to do the same mods to my 03 SERK with a trip to my dyno tuner scheduled. I would very much appreciate if you could send my a copy of your Mt2 file as a baseline. Since the Racer Tuner doesn't have any 103 maps, your map would be a great starting place. Thanks for the help.

[email protected]

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Hippo,

You can attach the file in zip in this thread and alleviate all the "me too" posts :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts