V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enquired at my local'ish dealer (fallen out with the nearest) about the spec's and price of the 03 FLHRSEI And recieved this e-mail back :-

"Thank you for your interest in the Harley-Davidson FLHRSEI Road King.

Unfortunatly that Special Edition Bike Was not availible for the UK or for the European market, You could spec up a roadking to similar spec.
The roadking Anniversary models which are a very sought after bike to commerate Harley-Davidson being One hundred years old, i have a FLHR Roadking Anniversary in the showroom to view if you would like to
See one , sorry we can't help you in this but should you require any further information please contact me.
Best Wishes blabla..... "

Now what I'd like to know is, after I pay (maybe) for a new bike next year some time, what parts that I've already paid for will I need to get ripped off and replaced with SE parts?

I'd like to get a list of what needs changing, parts/ecm etc. to see what price they're charging for them here?

Curiosity an all that.. :rolleyes:

And why can't ya just buy the complete bike over here anyway?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
The FLHRSEI is a special edition bike, and the production #'s are low. No point in making it up to euro spec and certify the configuration to sell a couple of dozen bikes over there.

The bike sells for 27 or 28 grand over here, but to take a regular RK and convert it would probably cost over 50K. You have to start by stripping the bike to the frame and powdercoating it, and in the end you would still not have the real thing, just something that looked like it.

These are bikes for people that get something out of owning an exclusive model for the most part. You can take a regular Road King and with a few thousand dollars end up with a bike that kicks the SEI's butt every which way, and you don't even have to paint it in gold color. :D

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I shall be on the lookout for your advice when the time arrives for my next one my friend!
Gonna soup the mother up some! gettin bored.
Not doing anything to this one I've now, Nicer to start on a
nice new shiny one! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts