V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from the dealer with my new Fat Boy. I really like it. Looks good just sitting still, and it looks a helluva lot better in my barn than it did at the dealers. The waiting is over and now the fun begins, or should I say continues.
Gotta go and make a list of the Parts & Accessories I can't live without. I'm sure you guys know what I mean. Sleeping real good tonight !!!!!

Later
Big Dog

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats!

Good luck with the new scoot!

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the waiting period. Picking up my new Heritage in about 13 hours!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
congrats on the new ride. glad to here you'll sleep tonight yeh wright only problem you'll have now is figure out what to get fisrt. yeh you'll sleep maybe in a couple of days. been there and still doin' that. enjoy:D

·
Registered
875 Posts
a fat wallet on a scooter seat makes my ass hurt, all those Parts & Accessories you can't live without are sure to keep your wallet flat (they are mine :D ) thus making your riding more enjoyable. Congrats on the new scooter !

·
Registered
875 Posts
by the way irbigdog where in MI are you?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Misguided

I live in the southern part of Lower Michigan. Close enough to the Indiana border that I could almost be a HOOSIER. Oh and by the way I did see the picture of the fish you caught. Up here we call those BAIT. Just having a little fun. It was a nice bass you caught. I'd be proud of it too. I havn't caught one like that in a long time.
Later
Big Dog

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Flat Wallet = Large Bills only. LOL!

Congrats !

Ride the first 1000 totally stock. Take your time on any upgrades. Quick decisions are not always the best decisions.

Case in point.

Riding home tonight I came up behind a guy on a Sporty at a stop light. He had to be a good 275 lbs and did not look right on the bike. At the light I stayed behind him and purposely put myself where I did not appear in his mirrors. ( I know that cause I could not see his head in either one.)

I let a slight rumble off on the old V&H Pipes and watched him as he tried cheking both sides to see where I was. LOL.

When the light changed I got a better chance to check him out as I passed him on his right. next light I sat far left in the lane and let him pull along side. Immediately I got a compliment on the RoadKing, it's color, and sound. I thanked him. He went right into, "I just bought this three months ago and I am looking for a bigger bike." He mentioned Mancusso and I told him to save his $$$ and keep looking. ( Mancusso is selling RoadKings at better than $23k !)

The point is, if ya hurry on a purchase, bike or gadgets for it, you may well regret it within a short time.

Ride around, break her in right, and ask a lot of questions. Listen to a lot of pipes and look at a lot of bikes. THEN decide to make your baby one of a kind. Make her like YOU want her and she will be your special baby.

Enjoy bro!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JimmyK

Thanks for the advice JimmyK. I've been doing just exactly what you are talking about. I do a whole lot of research before I take the leap. Mostly because I don't like doing things twice to get something right, although, somtimes it can't be helped. I've been all over this board reading the tech stuff and at times I feel like a flippin sponge just soaking up the info. I'm always wanting to learn more as I do all of the wrenching myself when possible. I've been over to nightrider.com soaking that up too. Can't seem to get enough sometimes. So you can bet I'll be pretty sure about what I want when I lay down the MOOLAH. I'll get this puppy right. Just takes time and a helluva lot of MONEY. Thanks again for the heads up.

Big Dog

·
Registered
875 Posts
Re: Misguided

irbigdog said:
Up here we call those BAIT.
****! I grew up in SE MI and know better :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts