V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a mild build on my 05 Super Glide carburated. Big Bore kit some mild cams, I don't know If I should go with flat top pistons with a thiner head gasket or do domed pistons. I don't even know if I want to do the cams, bike runs good with stage 1 upgrade, did all the mods to the carb, just looking for a little more over all power. I ride 1 up 40% hi way 60% country roads. Any ideas would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
We always use domed pistons (95") but change the cams to suit. Why not get some decent gain if it's coming apart. A thinner head gasket will change the compression about half a point if you choose to use flat tops.

·
OUCH! That hurt
696 Posts
If you're happy with the way it runs now I'd go with flat tops & a little cam, .030 head gasket & you're done. Without headwork you don't want too much cam or compression IMO.

·
Registered
8 Posts
mild build

If your just looking for a mild build i would just go with a HD 95 inch kit. It comes with mild cams and it provides good mid range torque. Also has a stiffer clutch spring which works well with kit. I had it on my 05 ultra classic and it worked great. You will lose about 3-5 miles per gallon on your gas mileage. Good luck!:cya:

·
Registered
445 Posts
I would consider Dan Vance racing. He is a sponsor on this forum and has the complet power kit. ported heads, new valves , springs, guides etc 95 cylinders and SE flat top pistons, adjustable pushrods, Andrews Gear drive cams, gaskets etc for $2.096 exchange. Great value that will give you at-least 100/100 with reliabity and better fuel consumption.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts