V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '03 FLHRC and was thinking of adding this to it, it turns the turn signals into brake lights. I was told that with the FLHRC along plugging the module in you had to cut and splice some wiring. Wondering if this is so and if anyone had done this and how big of a job it is.

Thanks

·
Registered
684 Posts
I didn't have to cut/splice mine (FLHT), but looking at the instructions, it didn't seem to be much of a job. The kit comes with everything that you'll need to do this, including shrink tube.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Done it, the splicing is in an earlier model. On my 03 FLHRCI just a plug in under the seat and done with it. Gotta secure the module in the tray above and behind the battery so the seat won't crush it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Plug & Play on my '01 RK. @ first I thought I would have to cut & splice, but I noticed when the instructions were updated. I think the cut& splice is for older models. The HD one only uses them for brakelights & turn signals. I think there are a couple of others that make them running lights also.

Although there has already been a lengthy threat about it, I have to add "they look cool with Blue Dots"!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here is the question I have. On a deuce they make two different kits. One of them comes with a chrome doo-dadd that extends the location of the regular rear turn signals for FXSTDI, and another kit that only has the red lenses and the connector for non FI bikes. What gives?

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Saw it. Liked it. Bought it. Plugged it in. Smelled it as it melted the first time I put on the brakes. Hundreds have been sold. I got the only bad one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts