V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
FXRT late 1984 EVO
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm trying to mount flashers front and back on my fxrt that didn't have flashers when I bought it and the previous owner said that he cut the wires, but should be able to reconnect.

Could anyone shed some lights upon how and what's behind the left hand cover.

I have a pair of wires saying blinkers and I think they must be for the blinkers rear and then the other photo shows a small black box that might be the flasher relay, just want to be sure and hope for some feedback.

Thanks

Also it would be great to get some more insight I to the loom, what's the connections for in there??

Again thanks alot

·
FOAD
401 Posts
Perfect thanks. Any idea what's showing in the photos?
First pic that has a connector that says blink is for the rear turn signals brown for right and violet for left
Second photo shows the starter relay
Third photo shows starter relay plus 4 circuit breakers and the wiring loom

·
Registered
FXRT late 1984 EVO
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perfect thanks, so the cirquit breakers are the black bars shown in the wirering diagram in the manual.

Appreciate your feedback.

The bike is not 100% original, so I have to trace back to the blinker relay.

I'm mounting led Flashers front and back, could you reccomend a relay that would work with led blinkers and stock switches - latched??

·
FOAD
401 Posts
All you should need is a non load sensitive flasher unit to make the LED's work but not 100% certain about the latch switches to be honest.
I re-wired my bike with the M-unit blue and can run any combination of LED and globes but you might have to look at your existing flasher unit and see if there is a non load sensitive alternative available from a auto parts store.

·
FOAD
401 Posts
Perfect thanks, so the cirquit breakers are the black bars shown in the wirering diagram in the manual.
Do not know what wiring diagram you are looking at but in the manual I linked to they are clearly listed as cubes and even tell you which side for the copper stud.

·
Registered
9,446 Posts
Badlands modules are plug and play,, and capable of any combination of operation for the rest lights,, available through the manufacturer, NAMZ cycle electric, in n.j. price is around 65 dollars,,, I but all my electrical supplies from them a good company to deal with,, and glad to.jelp you if you get in a jam.. it's as easy as unplugging the loom at the rear fender, install the module and you are done.

·
Registered
FXRT late 1984 EVO
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All you should need is a non load sensitive flasher unit to make the LED's work but not 100% certain about the latch switches to be honest.
I re-wired my bike with the M-unit blue and can run any combination of LED and globes but you might have to look at your existing flasher unit and see if there is a non load sensitive alternative available from a auto parts store.
Yes wanna go the m.unit way but just want this going atm and will postpone the full redoing.. I'll get this goind with a relay. Appreciate your input.

·
Registered
FXRT late 1984 EVO
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Badlands modules are plug and play,, and capable of any combination of operation for the rest lights,, available through the manufacturer, NAMZ cycle electric, in n.j. price is around 65 dollars,,, I but all my electrical supplies from them a good company to deal with,, and glad to.jelp you if you get in a jam.. it's as easy as unplugging the loom at the rear fender, install the module and you are done.
Really cool, I'll look it up.. Is it working without any other badlands modules or control units?

Appreciate your pointer and help... 👆👌👍👍

·
FOAD
401 Posts
There you go I did not know the Badlands module worked on the older bikes with the latch switches and they are plug and play which is even easier.

·
Registered
FXRT late 1984 EVO
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There you go I did not know the Badlands module worked on the older bikes with the latch switches and they are plug and play which is even easier.
Could you send a direct link to the correct module, so I know I'm getting the right one. Thanks 🙌

1 - 15 of 15 Posts