V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife bought me a set of leather bags new off EBay to replace the hard bags on my 02 Road King . Harley #90339-98. The left side went on w/o a hitch, but on the right side nothing lines up. Am I missing something? Do I need to buy something else to get these to fit. The bottom brace does not line up with the Dzus fastener brackets. No matter what I do they just won't line up. Please advise.
Greg:(

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Are these the HD leather bags that come on a RK Classic? If so, no new hardware should be required. On mine, when I tried hard bags (I have a classic) I had to loosen the female portion of the fastener and re-align it (9/16 wrench?). I.e., I set the bags on the bottom runner and then move the brackets to align with the pin which fits in from inside the bags.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are not from a RK Classic, I don't think. They are a style last made in 98 but should fit my bike. I tried setting the bags on the bottom runner and realigning the brackets both. Still no good. I'm stumped at this point. Could the runner from a standard RK be different than from a Classic.
Greg

·
Registered
428 Posts
Are these the V logo bags? Or the one with thestuds on them? I put the V logo bags on mine, they lined up with some adjustment of the fasteners.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they are the V logo bags. How did you line them up. The Left side on mine is no even close. The bottom runner fits in the grove of the bags but the brackets don't line up even when I loosen them and try to readjust?

·
Registered
201 Posts
YOU'RE the one who beat my bid on eBay :( I was intersted to see if those would fit. Sorry I don't have any help for you...but I will keep checking to get tips...I think there's another set on eBay

T-Bone

·
Registered
428 Posts
Greg,
For my V logo bags, I only had to loosen the brackets and move them around a bit. But they seem like they could have a fair amount of adjustment. Not sure what to tell you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all who replied to help. Got the bags to fit with some fiddling. I love the way they look. Sort of retro.
Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts