V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've finally decided that I'd like to install Forward Controls on my FXDXT01. Is this a do-it-yourself job? Do I need the Stealer to do it?

I've check the Clymer book and it's full of nice instructions. I do, however, have two areas I'm not sure about.

1. I plan to replace the Primary Chaincase inspection cover with one that doesn't have the shifter hole. How do I remove the inner shift lever? It looks as though I'll have to take out the whole primary chaincase - well beyond my expertise. I have heard that the HD Kit includes some way of securing the inner shifter lever - is this true?

2. I guess I'll also need to remove the exhaust to gain access to the brake pedal assembly.
Anyone offer advice?

Many Thanks

ChaddersUK
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :( :( :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
How involved do you want to get. I did it on my bike in a few hours. It's a little involved but very easy to do. And besides the new inspection cover it cost me 1 or 2 dollars.

As far as needing to remove the exhust, you will not have to. I have V&H strait shots and they are tight on the bike. A lot less room that the stockers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts