V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 01 standard with the thin pulley and belt already on there and want to upgrade from a 130 to 150 size tire i like the deuce rear wheel because i can put a lower profile tire on it, can i put that wheel and tire on my bike and lower it maybe an inch or two?

thanks, Tony

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tony--I suppose it could be done BUT how much money are you willing to spend to do it. I just put a wide tire kit on my '02 FXST after having it about a year. I looked REAL HARD on figureing out if there was a way to go to the 160 tire that the Duece has. Here's what you need to do to do it. First---wheel is different size--A 17 inch on the duece. A 16 on the standard. So plan on buying a complete new wheel. The fender will also have to be changed--no room for that 160 under a softail standard fender--Trust me on this one. Next, you will need new fender struts to hold the new fender--and these must be the Duece Struts. Next ..a axle spacer on each side and new caliper for the brakes. Oh yeah, since you changed the fender, you will need a new taillight assembly. Are you getting the idea? Yes, it could be done, BUT.......Personally, I put the wide tire kit on this past week. I also lowered the bike 2 1/2 inches last summer with adjustable Progressive shocks. I really like the 150 tire on the rear. Alvin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for reply

i know the deuce has a 17 and i think the stock wheel for it is 160 but i was going to do a 150 that will work perfect. for it to go down one size on a wheel isnt hard it could be done, but the only thing im worried about is when i lower my bike will the 17 in wheel pose a problem?

Tony

·
Registered
56 Posts
That I don't know. The 17 will be taller, I assume, but what effect that will have I don't have a clue. Sorry. Alvin

·
Registered
165 Posts
Finally finished the Deuce wheel conversion and installation of the new powder coated tins. I'll post pictures of the project when I have time to edit & resize them all. There's a ton of detailed pictures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts