V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, yer all gonna think I'm smoking crack, but I got to lookin' at some old pans, and came up with the idea :hmmm: to put a dresser type fender on the back of my 'Bob. This led to evil=devil= thoughts of a beehive taillight, and to top it all off, fishtail duals! So I guess my question is, to anyone who knows about exhaust fitment across several bike platforms, is what would work better, a touring system, or one made for a softail? I'm planning on having to fab brackets, and the coil might possibly be in the way, but if that's it, it shouldn't be too hard. Any thoughts?:unsure:

·
Registered
1 Posts
wrong exhaust for that bike

If you are planning on duals and a beehive for that bike, you may just want to go trade it in for a Deluxe right now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it was on one of the earlier models, but I'll be damned if I can find one in any of my books. Anyway, they have repros in J&P Cyles and Dennis Kirk.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Not to be picky, but when the moco invented their "street bob" were they inferring "bobber"? Cause it is the only one I have ever seen with shocks!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I bet it would look cool too.

Have you seen the bob with the springer front end... that looks bad too.
That's the cool part about Harleys... you can just about anything you can think of.

Tim

motorhedmike said:
Okay, yer all gonna think I'm smoking crack, but I got to lookin' at some old pans, and came up with the idea :hmmm: to put a dresser type fender on the back of my 'Bob. This led to evil=devil= thoughts of a beehive taillight, and to top it all off, fishtail duals! So I guess my question is, to anyone who knows about exhaust fitment across several bike platforms, is what would work better, a touring system, or one made for a softail? I'm planning on having to fab brackets, and the coil might possibly be in the way, but if that's it, it shouldn't be too hard. Any thoughts?:unsure:

·
Registered
772 Posts
motorhedmike

:hmmm: For what its worth, I have a set of Kerker 3.5" slip ons on a 2005 FLTRI (Road Glide) and like the way they look. They do look different then the Sampson Fish Tails you see on many Soft Tail. A set of the same would looks pretty cool on a Street Glide. I run mine with a set of true duals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts