V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was very touched by an article I ran across on this forum the other day. So, I signed up to reply to my son (HogJr) Thanks!!! I was more excited than you"ll ever know when you decided to learn to ride. Although we are both very busy, the time we spend together riding, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Watching you learn to ride, take off, the short trips, and the 500+ mile weekend this summer are memories that will last a life time.

Ride Safe to All!!
HogSr

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
HogSR said:
I was very touched by an article I ran across on this forum the other day. So, I signed up to reply to my son (HogJr) Thanks!!! I was more excited than you"ll ever know when you decided to learn to ride. Although we are both very busy, the time we spend together riding, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Watching you learn to ride, take off, the short trips, and the 500+ mile weekend this summer are memories that will last a life time.

Ride Safe to All!!
HogSr
many happy miles ahead..you'll no doubt wanna kick yer own butt for not doing it sooner tho....:beer4u:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum!! Glad you could join us also. Post up often and enjoy.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

A great place for people to communicate. Especially to a son from a dad. It's easy to make some new friends here.

The info is great, the chicks hot and me jokes keep flowing

Keep posting and ride on. :thumbsup:

·
Doofaluumpa
188 Posts
Welcome aboard Pops!

I'm glad to see you decided to follow me for a change, down the cyber-highway that is. At least now when I tell you what I'm going to do to my bike, when I figure it out, there will be a bunch of other bikers to back me up, or maybe they'll tell you to smack me across the back of my head.......:hmmm: Either way, another road travelled together:banana:

Reactions: P 0 P E Y E

·
3,465 Posts
.............Very cool. Very cool. I think I will side with HOG senior.....I am perjusticed that way.

Best of luck to Hog family

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So, tell me, what you going to do to your engine????? That way I can smack you and get it over with
Youth..................why does it have to be wasted on the young ones

SrHog

·
3,465 Posts
A chip off the old block, that junior.

Get him over for thanksgiving for a father-son coffee run would ya?

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
HogSR,
Welcome! Haven't seen you come by in a while. Ah well, the riding season is about to expire anyway, in fact, it's pretty nasty out there right now.

It's been fun watching JR gain experience, you two have got a good thing going!

You can blame me for JR's power craving! hehe.... you never know, maybe you'll get the urge too. ;)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Oldmsocko

HOGSR:
I couldn't agree with you more. The time my son ( msocko3 ) and I ride together are very precious to me. We also had a 500+ mile trip together this past summer which was GREAT. I only hope we can have many more memoriable rides in the future.

HogSR said:

Ride Safe to All!!
HogSr

·
Doofaluumpa
188 Posts
Good Time This Weekend

Had a nice ride this past Saturday with HogSR & my Mom (MrsHogSR?). We went for a relatively short run for lunch with a group of people that he knows, good time was had by all. Best part was that we made made it home a few minutes before the rain really started. We're going to be lucky if we get another ride in..........

Question: When I pulled up next to them at a stoplight (grin on face) and asked my Mom if she knew what the most important part of a drag race was=devil= , is that considered poor taste given the fact they were riding two up on an Ultra Classic?:nono: :harhar:

Well, she knew the answer to the question, and based on the look she gave me, I decided it best to drop in behind them when the light changed. At what point in your life do you stop fearing the wrath of MOM?:roflback:

·
3,465 Posts
A family ride. How cool is that? I can't wait.

The drag race question you asked.......You should have smoked them right then and there. That was your chance to spread your wings and leave the nest.

You will have more opportunities I am sure. Listen to that little voice and pull a hole shot next time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
"Smokin" Dad & Mom

:flames: :flames:
HogJR said:
Had a nice ride this past Saturday with HogSR & my Mom (MrsHogSR?). We went for a relatively short run for lunch with a group of people that he knows, good time was had by all. Best part was that we made made it home a few minutes before the rain really started. We're going to be lucky if we get another ride in..........

Question: When I pulled up next to them at a stoplight (grin on face) and asked my Mom if she knew what the most important part of a drag race was=devil= , is that considered poor taste given the fact they were riding two up on an Ultra Classic?:nono: :harhar:

Well, she knew the answer to the question, and based on the look she gave me, I decided it best to drop in behind them when the light changed. At what point in your life do you stop fearing the wrath of MOM?:roflback:

HogJR,
In answer to the last paragraph.... Probably Never!!!! And yes, you did get the old deer in the head light look. Picking on your old dad and mom while they are riding two up on a stock Ultra Classic. (or is it stock??? have you looked real close lately?????)
Besides look what happened the last time I got on it. Created quite the monster didn't we.
Just remember Jr. "when you think you have it mastered, Put it in the garage and walk away from it!!!!!.:flames:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Totenkopf said:
HogSR,
Welcome! Haven't seen you come by in a while. Ah well, the riding season is about to expire anyway, in fact, it's pretty nasty out there right now.

It's been fun watching JR gain experience, you two have got a good thing going!

You can blame me for JR's power craving! hehe.... you never know, maybe you'll get the urge too. ;)

Totenkopf,

Thanks, I have been over to JR's place a few times. Looks like you have been either gone or working on your build.
I'll probably put the motor away when the snow starts flying. Like to drive in every month of the year if possible.
Don't think I'll be making any changes to the Ultra Classic. It does just what I need it to do. If I need more ponies I'll just buy a V-Rod.:brows:

Later,
HogSr

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
P 0 P E Y E said:
A family ride. How cool is that? I can't wait.

The drag race question you asked.......You should have smoked them right then and there. That was your chance to spread your wings and leave the nest.

You will have more opportunities I am sure. Listen to that little voice and pull a hole shot next time.

Popeye,
He spread his wings a long time ago, but every once in a while I can still clip em back.:nunu: I got the mileage.
However, the family rides are the best!

Thanks
HogSr

1 - 18 of 18 Posts