V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name's Alex and i purchased a 2003 Anniversary FXDWG about 4 months ago. I just have a few questions about whats normal on these types of bikes. I need to know what noises are acceptable and which are not. I have two that concern me right now. One is a rattle that seems to be coming from the bottom of the engine in the front area. It rattles with the rpms of the engine. In other words gets louder/raises pitch when the engine is reved. I thought it might have been a loose primary chain but i checked that and it still rattles. The noise seems to originate near the oil filter. The second comes from the front brake, it goes away when i press the brake slightly. It's sounds like a pulsating scrape of the disc. I don't know if my disc might be warped, but it's too new a bike. Maybe i just need to change the brake pads. Any tips on what kind of things i should watch for on these bikes will be greatly appreciated. It concerns me becuase i ride the bike everyday from school and back so i need to be extremely careful. Mechanical failure is probably my biggest fear.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
welcome!

go post in the "My Story, The Beginning Forum"

you may want to do a search here for "compensator nut" and check that out immediately!

don't be a user.

;).

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
Also, do a search on Lyndall Z brake pads. These two searches should give you lots of info.

YB

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Sounds like brake pads caus stops when hits bad. Probablly normally. I doubt it is warped, but its not that new.

As for comp nut coming loose some people been having problems it sounds like. Myself took a 2' cheater bar to get it to loosen another guy a 5'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts