V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post. Looks like a great forum, lots of good information and good people. I've ridden bikes since the early sixties and bought my first Harley last September. 2002 FXDL. I've ridden lots of Harley's but until now never owned one. I have owned 2 Triumphs, a Honda 125 dirt bike, and still have an 81 Suzuki GS850L. I love this Harley!! I am a Vet, Army '70 - '72, a Georgia Bulldawg fan and a legendary Beer drinker 'round these parts. Hello to all. Looking forward to seeing y'all if you get down South. Chickamauga, Ga.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Dawg said:
First post. Looks like a great forum, lots of good information and good people. I've ridden bikes since the early sixties and bought my first Harley last September. 2002 FXDL. I've ridden lots of Harley's but until now never owned one. I have owned 2 Triumphs, a Honda 125 dirt bike, and still have an 81 Suzuki GS850L. I love this Harley!! I am a Vet, Army '70 - '72, a Georgia Bulldawg fan and a legendary Beer drinker 'round these parts. Hello to all. Looking forward to seeing y'all if you get down South. Chickamauga, Ga.
Welcome to the forum Dawg. Really is good to see another Dyna rider here. Post a picture if you get the chance.

Later,

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey Dawg,

Nice to have you aboard. No the big burning question in everyone's mind is: What kind of beer do you drink?

Now, be careful, cuz ya could start a war here! <grin>

Just kidding, bro! Welcome!

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome

Higmo said:
Hey Dawg,

Nice to have you aboard. No the big burning question in everyone's mind is: What kind of beer do you drink?

Now, be careful, cuz ya could start a war here! <grin>

Just kidding, bro! Welcome!
Thanks to all for the welcome. As to the kind of beer I drink. Thanks to my Military experience I will drink any beer that's cold or that someone else paid for.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dawg, welcome to this site.

There are a lot of good folks here. Most are friendly, others will ripp your head off.............WAIT, ONLY KIDDING!

Got any tech. questions, just ask. Some real experienced riders, & wrenches here, who've been around bikes as long as you have, and then some!

Hope you enjoy it here:)

Jimmy T

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
To the new guy.

Dawg,

Welcome to the place, you will like it here. When I do get back to full use of my hands and get my next scooter, I will be down that way and we can partake of that beer that you referred to.

Ride Safe.

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: To the new guy.

Roadking96 said:
Dawg,

Welcome to the place, you will like it here. When I do get back to full use of my hands and get my next scooter, I will be down that way and we can partake of that beer that you referred to.

Ride Safe.
Good luck with your hands. Just let me know when you'll be down this way. I'll buy you a beer and show you some beautiful places to ride.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Did I hear Beer Call!

Some of the non-military types probably don't understand that beer in most overseas locations was cheaper than soda-pop. If you weren't hooked when you got in, you were by the time you got out, just because of the economics.

Not that I drink and drive, I DON'T, but does anyone recall the beer holders that attach to the handlebars?

Last I seen those were in Texas in early 80's!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts