V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!
Well, I go by the nick Fuels, but my first name is Bob. Im from Alpena Michigan and Im a first time Harley owner. Heres my story. My daughter lives in Wisconsin, so while visiting here over this past labor day weekend, I stumbled upon a dealership only to go in and purchase some leather break and cluthch tassels for my "Honda". The wife and I strolled through the bikes on the showroom floor and we kinda sorta met in the middle and she and I remarked "if I was gonna buy a bike, this would be the one". Well, my daughter said "Dad, you really like that bike" and I said, Yep, I sure do. She replied " Well, than its yours!!! She bought the bike for me!!!! Does it get any better than that?
1998 Ultra Classic, 8 grand of extra chrome, Stage II engine kit, and just to much stuff to mention. Custom paint with marble inlay, and PURPLE pinstripping....Rode it home from Milwaukee in 10hrs of the best riding I ever had!!! Anyway, thats my story and Im happy to be a member of your forum.
Bob aka Fuels

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Holy Crap,
send her out to Maryland I've got my eye on a bike:D
No really thats a great story, I keep asking my daughter, when you become rich and famous you won't forget me right :p
Have fun

·
Registered
544 Posts
Wow Fuels,

Want a nice surprise, it sounds like it's been customized quite a bit and for your daughter to pick that one for you she must really have known what you were looking for. Enjoy it as I am sure you will, what a great bike, if you can post some pictures that would be fantastic.

Again welcome,

Dave

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sounds you've been a great Dad and your daughter has & is doing well. I enjoyed reading your post. It's always a good feeling (for me) to hear about kids honoring their parents. With all that your daughter has done for you, I'm sure she can remember (and always will) all the good things you've done for her. :)
When my boys grow up (they've already told me) they're going to get me a decked out Harley with a side car and trailer so me and my wife can enjoy our vacations. I keep saying "you ain't grown up yet?" HA!
Look forward to seeing some pics of your bike.
Ride safe!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Watta Gal!!! Fuels, thats great! Hope you enjoy the boke. You and the Lady certainly done good and the daughter knows how to show she appreciates it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the replys. As far as the daughter goes, I can't say enough about her.
Id love to post some pictures, but Im pretty computer illeterate. I dont have a clue how to do it. However, if youll send me an email, at the below address, Id be happy to send you a pic.
Im full of questions about Harleys and dont know who to turn to.

[email protected]

Bob aka Fuels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts