V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
But officer........
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the 2500 mile service on my Ultra today. First time as I always took my Deuce to the dealer. Took awhile but everything went smooth. Definitely need a table lift. Just too hard laying on the garage floor. I figure after 4 services the lift is paid for.

Dino

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
i agree a table lift is the way to go.. you could also get by on a sears type jack for $100.00.. THey are really not that bad at all. Now just get you H-D specific tools and you are set too go...You never have to rely on the dealer anymore. I know my local dealer has roughly 2 week waits on oil changes. I think that is outrageous. This will save you tons of bucks in the long run....good luck on all your project, if you have any problems/questions let us know....oopp i almost forgot the service manual..the most importand h-d tool.

·
Registered
967 Posts
2 week wait for oil changes? Incredible! And they probably charge like $75-$80 with SYN3. Do it yourself, use the dealer for warranty work only.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
my thought exactly.....and for some reason people around here drop their bikes up for that long there. They charge $84.00 and hour now as well....

·
Registered
42 Posts
DinosUltra said:
Did the 2500 mile service on my Ultra today. First time as I always took my Deuce to the dealer. Took awhile but everything went smooth. Definitely need a table lift. Just too hard laying on the garage floor. I figure after 4 services the lift is paid for.

Dino
If anyone has a Harbor Freight store in the area, for the last few months they have a table lift with trapdoor to remove rear tire on sale.

Special sale price is $299 ,imported from China .
It has a hydro oil pump lifts over 30 in high. Takes about 15-20 pumps to raise max height.
Built in lock 2 positions.
25 in? wide 86 in ?long.
If you get their mailflyer by mail or instore this weeks has a 20% off coupon

At 239 bucks its a great value
Did the Rdglide's first service already paid for itself

1 - 5 of 5 Posts