V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to purchase my first HD (possibly a new one) and am looking for a good dealer to buy from in the southeast US. I'm in central alabama and the local dealer here doesn't have the best reputation and judging by their advertised prices in the local cycle trader they sell new bikes for well above MSRP (have a new EG Classic, not Ultra listed for $19,500).
I have no problem driving anywhere in the SE or East Central US to save some $$. I have an enclosed MC trailer to pick it up with.

Also, any advice on buying a new one? I'm looking at the EG Classic (FLHTCI). Is it possible to negotiate with the dealer? Have them throw in accessories, clothing, etc.?

Any advice appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Negotiate

dragula, always negotiate. Speaking of my recent transaction with my new RKC i could not get anthing lower than the MSRP. The discounts came with all my add ons, clothing, etc. You have nothing to loose by asking. They can only reply, NO CAN DO.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The most reasonable price I have found within my area was with Myers-Duren in Tulsa OK. The second was Bumpus at Memphis, TN. I would have bought mine at Bumpus if they would have had it in stock. I am close enough to them to have waranty work done too. Tulsa was the cheapest I have found but they are just too far away for me. One thing to consider is where ever you buy your bike they will remember you when you need anything else. I paid out the ass for mine because I just got in a hurry. But Im real close to the dealer and they take good care me so im probably better off in the long run.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Bigtime is right about the "after the sale " scenario. A dealer 50 miles away from me could have saved me a couple hundred dollars compared to the dealer down the road but they will remember you! Besides if I need service done I can drop it off on my way to work. The conveniance is worth the money difference to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts