V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from my dealer today that my 08 105th Ultra was shipped yesterday and should be in 7-10 days.

So my question on the 08's is since I hear that they are running good right out of the box should I do a first stage upgrade or just leave it stock??

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
We'll pretend you didn't ask such a question :spank:

Leave it stock? :nunu:

Them's fighting words!!!

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
IMHO a bone stock Ultra, 88" or 96", can't pull a sick whore off the pot!!!

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Unless you are getting a killer price on the stage one, I say leave it stock for a while. You can always do the upgrade later. Stock power is plenty for most people.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
wildey said:
Got a call from my dealer today that my 08 105th Ultra was shipped yesterday and should be in 7-10 days.

So my question on the 08's is since I hear that they are running good right out of the box should I do a first stage upgrade or just leave it stock??
I am getting more familiar with my 08 RG, only had it 5 days, about 350 miles. I came from a 3:37geared 01 RG with 96hp/107tq and over 100tq by 3k.
My bone stock 08 is nothing like riding that bike. Definately needs a gear change first thing for my fat a**. I probably won't go beyond stage 1 on this one at least during my two year warranty but that gear is getting changed first thing...

·
Acquisitions
4,513 Posts
wildey said:

Your getting a new bike too. Ours will be shipped or I should say on the 18th so it should be here soon...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts