V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all,

Broke the FXDX out of the moth balls today to put some heat in the motor and put on the new seat my honey got me for Christmas. Bad boy style with black studs. Looks right and gives me a little more leg room. Man it's been a while since I've ridden. Almost forgot how nasty fast this bike is. Almost wet my leg the first time I rolled my wrist back! What a feeling. I know the sweet weather was just a tease but at least I got my ya yas for the afternoon. It'll hold me over 'til spring rolls around. Foul weather forcasted for tomorrow. I hope some others took advantage of the nice day we had here in the northeast.

Too hip... Gotta go!

Mike

·
Registered
171 Posts
It was 43 here in CT today, so of course I went riding. I picked up my new Dyna the end of November and have put 400 miles on it since, not bad for winter. There were many days I could have ridden but didn't have a chance to. Soon the HEAT will be here and I can let the F350 sit idle for a while(except for hay season!) The bike must get better gas mileage, don't ya think?:)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hey Guy's it was a frosty 25 degrees out when I hopped on my bike this morning, but I knew it would warm up to a toasty 40 or so by noon so I toughed it out, It was great to put some more miles on it I'm up to a whopping 77 now. Later Larry:D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Warm (a relative term) dry days in Februray are a delight. It always seems to be the warmest while I am at work. Yesterday we rode 150 miles looking for the sun. Maybe we will find some more today.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Gonna be 81 degrees in L.A. today........I think I'll put on a tank top and go for a ride!!!!!! GOTTA LOVE SO CAL!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys
Tony:D

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello all,

Glad to hear some of you got out in the breeze. Although I am somewhat envious of those who get to ride year round. The winters here are much too long and cold. The change of seasons is nice and the winters do have a cleansing effect on the beautiful countryside. Maybe if it was only half as long it would be more bearable. The quality of life here in the foothills of the Catskill mountains is pretty much unsurpassed. No traffic to speak of and twisty two lanes to no end. Guess I'm not so bad off after all. Ride safe... Mike

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Snow

Mike,
was up state NY last week to the salmon river for steelhead. Snowed 8 inches on us while in the stream. talk about cold. Hope to be out riding next week here in NJ. 2 items back ordered on the new rkclassic.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hook 'em out,

The fishing here in Delaware County is world reknowned. The East and West Branches of the Delaware and Beaver kill Rivers are some of the best trout streams in the U.S. My house is only two hundred yards from the convergence of the East Branch of the Delaware and Beaver Kill Rivers. I was fortunate enough to have grown up here in Gods country and spent the summers of my childhood in and along the river.

Where in N.J. are you from? I have relatives in Sussex County and Skillman near Princeton.

Nice road King by the way! Once my truck is paid off I plan to order one and keep the hot rod FXDX as well. Never part with the toys... Just keep adding to the stable!

Later, Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts