V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Been thinking of getting a motorcycle for years and years. Timing finally worked out, so the wife gave me the go-ahead to start looking. I walked in Heritage Harley in Concord NH and there it was... 2003 Heritage Softail Classic with 6,xxx miles.

It was delivered not too long ago, and I've been on it every nice day since.

I'm really interested in pipes and the nostalgic speedo/tach (link to URL), so if you can give any insight to those I'd appreciate it. Thanks

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
2k2kev,

:welcome: to the VTF ?prty:

Lots of good folks and information around here, post early and often!

Good luck with the new bike, post a picture when you get a chance.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm. Nice looking Heritage. Congrats. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Carrie said:
The paint job on that bike is sweet! :welcome:
Thanks.

I was the saleswoman's biggest dream buyer ever in this history of buying. I walked in with a friend and asked to see it (it was out back). She led us to the storage area and, from about 75' away, I basically yelled "THAT'S IT!! THAT'S THE ONE I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!!!" My friend later said he could hear the "cha-CHING!" go off in the saleswoman's head.

As good as I am about looking for the best deal for cars, I knew I was going to be horrible buying this so I purposely didn't have any money on me. The next day I told my wife about it and apparently she agreed it was the one because she went up and bought it for me. I'm glad it worked out the way it did because she negotiated a pretty sweet deal...money off their sticker plus an extended warranty plus some work done before I picked it up.

·
Living for the ride
1,351 Posts
Welcome to the VTF. Lots of info, bs, and good people. Sounds like your wife is a keeper. :harhar: Be Safe

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Welcome....

to the forum 2k2kev. Lots of very knowledgeable people here. Enjoy.

One last thing...what exhaust options are you looking for? Do you want 2 into 1 or 2 into 2? Loud, quiet, or middle of the road? Enquiring minds want to know. :dunno:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ice is Cool said:
to the forum 2k2kev. Lots of very knowledgeable people here. Enjoy.

One last thing...what exhaust options are you looking for? Do you want 2 into 1 or 2 into 2? Loud, quiet, or middle of the road? Enquiring minds want to know. :dunno:
Thanks

I honestly don't know what exhaust I'm looking for...I live in a kind of residential area so I don't want something too loud, but I'm not a fan of the stock pipes either. I'd like to go somewhat louder but not much...louder isn't even the right word, I want more low rumble but not necessarily loud.

I'll read the entire exhaust forum and see what they have to say, then I'll ask whatever questions weren't answered there. Again, thanks!

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
2k2kev said:
Thanks. There's got to be a similar '03 version...I need to find it.

Wow funny how much of a resemblance those Heritage Softails Classics have with the Fattys when you throw the wheels on. Enjoy!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rock Steady said:
Wow funny how much of a resemblance those Heritage Softails Classics have with the Fattys when you throw the wheels on. Enjoy!
I bought used and got the best of both worlds IMO. I was looking at a fat boy, but I would have ended up putting on bags, windshield, lights, and chrome.

The guy before me saved me some money by putting fat boy wheels on a heritage :thumbsup:

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
2k2kev said:
I bought used and got the best of both worlds IMO. I was looking at a fat boy, but I would have ended up putting on bags, windshield, lights, and chrome.

The guy before me saved me some money by putting fat boy wheels on a heritage :thumbsup:
Thats great. You can snatch off the bags and windshield and have a real presto-chango!

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the place where we luv your bike as much as any man could ever love another person's bike.

Nice freaking cycle.....welcome to the VTF. RIde safe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts