V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been hangin around here for a while, enjoying this site so I figured it's time I spoke up.
Had a few bikes (never a Harley) before going into the service back in the early seventies. Got out and got married in the eighties and the wife was dead set against me & a bike.
Acouple of years ago bought my 10 year old a dirt bike (big enough to last him a few years).
Right before Xmas this year the wife says, " Jr wants a new dirt bike for Xmas"
I said, "No way, his bike's got a couple more good years in it and he hasn't out grown it yet, If anyones gonna get a new bike it's me."
To my amazement she says," You deserve it, if you want one, get one."
I didn't say a word, walked out of the kitchen.
Stopped by the Stealer the next day. As luck would have they just received a softail in the color I wanted.
To make a long story short, Jan 4th, pulled in the driveway on an '02 Softail.
Wife freaked! " You bought a [email protected]#kin bike!"
"You said I could" End of story! YEAH!

And Loving IT!

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome.
Good advice VA, took the course this spring and picked up some stuff I had never thought off. Definatly worth the 25$ (only in RI by law) plus Harley reimbursed.

Hey 4hr, Providence. Hard to believe the summers over, man that went by quick. I was ridin' last Jan when I picked up the bike so we've still got plenty o' ridin time left !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.