V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started riding bikes before I had a Drivers license in about 68' It was a Gilera 125. Even ported and polished the head and piston in the back yard. At 20, had a Yamaha 750 Midnight Special and smacked a semi at an outrageous speed totalling the bike and nearly myself. Came back OK and got into dirt bikes. Loved riding where ever I could. Carried fishing poles and found lakes that were secluded, lots of fun. Years passed (about 30) and I kept looking at those Harleys everyone else was riding but me! I've wanted one since I was in High School. Finally, this summer I was in the local Harley shop just looking and saw the new 07' Softail Custom, black and chrome. That did it!! Now, I just had the stage one installed (1,800 miles new) with Vance and Hines Big Radius for tunes and I'm like a kid again!!!!!! What a super ride. Maybe some day I'll get into the dressers, but for now I'm a happy camper with my Softail. If the roads aren't too wet, I get at least a couple miles on her every day, even if I only have time to ride around the block!!!!!!!!!!
I would like some feed back about the stage two , 103 big bore kit for dependability on long hauls and wear and tear on the motor.

·
Doof Bag
274 Posts
Welcome rd, lots of good stuff in the tech areas on your upcoming project. Post some pics of your ride. Enjoy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts