V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, a good day of riding. Left Columbus Twp, MI at 4pm went and picked up my buddy in Madison Heights, down 75 to Perrysburg OH for some wings at Frickers. Overall trip 230 miles. Not a bad ride. The beer was cold and the wings were hot. Best of all, it was the ole lady's idea and she's a newbie.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
Cleetus94 said:
Finally, a good day of riding. Left Columbus Twp, MI at 4pm went and picked up my buddy in Madison Heights, down 75 to Perrysburg OH for some wings at Frickers. Overall trip 230 miles. Not a bad ride. The beer was cold and the wings were hot. Best of all, it was the ole lady's idea and she's a newbie.
First good ride of the year?? Where ya bin? You're south of me even. Must have been busy. Can't be do to the weather. Glad you got the ride in. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rock Steady said:
First good ride of the year?? Where ya bin? You're south of me even. Must have been busy. Can't be do to the weather. Glad you got the ride in. :thumbsup:

You do realize that's Columbus Twp MICHIGAN, right?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yesterday I did 140 miles!

Well, yesterday I did a 130 mile turnaround.

Went East to Sandpoint and then North to Bonners Ferry. Looked at the Canadian Border. Kinda cool.

May not seem like much, but it's April in North Idaho. That says a lot.

Had a great time, but the radio crapped out. I.m looking at a few replacement possibilities and have wanted to replace hte speakers anyway, so the karma thing is there.

Loved being in the wind again!

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Cleetus94 said:
Okay, how do I put this gently?
I'm riding out of Ann Arbor and have almost.....

Well that's not important
The rest of us are glad you have decided to get on the road, we've missed you:beer4u:

Be careful on US23 (at I94) and M14 they are a mess
Cops are out in full force in Saline
US12 between Saline and Clinton is under construction again
North Teritorial is riding well as is US127

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have had lots of GOOD rides so far this year but if distance and warmth is the criteria Friday would be the best. Put on about 240 miles, lots of cross winds, felt very burnt and dehidrated but the time we got home. Good thing the beer in Calgary is Canadian and cold.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
Cleetus94 said:
Nope I didn't realize. I defaulted to Columbus, OH. But glad you're out. I'm sure my Maine buddies are smirking at this just a bit. ^rolleyez^

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Well today wasn't my first ride of the season.....down here in south AL we've already had a few days in the 90's....but what a great one today! It was one of those quick thrown together rides, started out with me and a buddy...made a couple of phone calls and couple more guys were available, so we rolled out through some alabama and mississippi backroads and had a real good time! It seems that sometimes everything just falls together and those rides always seem to be the best.
That said, 200 or so miles and a good sunburn later, I'll have something to look back on all week.

Have fun and be safe out there!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Rock Steady said:
My first ride of the year was on March 29th here in MN.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts