V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm picking my first Harley, an 02 dyna soon.

I'm looking forward to riding it once or twice before it sits in the garage all winter.

Anyway, I also have a Buell, a Speed Triple and an SR50.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome from WA state! :woohoo:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Lance. I like Washington state a lot more than the district. :)

I guess I forgot a few things:

My first motorcycle was a 78 GT80 Yamaha. My first streetbike was 11 years later and was a 79 KZ750. I promptly destroyed it.

Since then I've owned a few bikes, I'll try to list them all out. I've had a 94 CBR600F2, 00 GSXR750, 01 GSXR1000, 04 Monster S4R, 88 FZR400, 06 636, 00 R6, 06 Husky 510sm, 05 SV650, 06 DRZ400sm, a DT175, a Speed Triple, a Firebolt and my Aprilia scooter. I think I may have missed one or two.

I started riding at age eight. I had to stop at ten because my parents couldn't afford it. I started street riding at 19. I ride because it makes me calm and happy.

My son is seven. He hates motorcycles (except for Harleys and Buells) and he loves scooters. It's been great watching fall in love with two wheels.

I was never a "Harley guy." I always heard that "if you have to ask, you'll never understand." I just figured, f$&@ it, I don't need to know. But the Buell really helped me understand the joy of the air-cooled V-Twin. It's really a great motorcycle and I can see a Uly as a possibility in my future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts