V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just found out my 02 road king was the first fire edition bike made. any way to find out what it is worth? should i get more insurance on it? i'm new to all this and don't know to many people with this info. thanks

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Yea, toss it up for grabs on Ebay, set your reserve high and what the Hell? You will be able to afford a bike AND two Dalmations!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Why would it be worth more, or am I missing something?

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's worth what some idiot is willing to pay for it! Other than that , it isn't wort any more than any other Shrine bike. Hopefully, you bought your FFSE for the same reason I bought mine: to ride it. If not, then join the ranks of the many other assholes who bought one, just to see how much they could make on it, and sell it on ebay or cycletrader. I don't mean to be offensive. I'm a career firefighter who's just happy that the motor company made it possible for me to have the bike of my dreams, and wish others felt the same. Owning the first one should give you great sentimental value. If you need a value greater than that, then maybe you should question your own values.

Dave Holeczy
IAFF 12
Wheeling, WV

p.s.: If your goin through a divorce, then I'd worry about what it's worth!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh, by all means. i'm keeping it. i love what harley did and i'm in no way looking to make money, i just wanted to know if it should have more insurance on it in case the unspeakable happens to it.
i'm a very proud of what i do and being the owner of the first one made and i tell people any chance i get. not looking to do the ebay thing was looking for info on a appraiser or something like that.
thanks all,
kevin
iaff 1639

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Hey FireHog, when it comes right down to it, Insurance ain't gonna give ya any more for it if it is a total loss based on production number.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
dhwfd46, It seems you have some attatude here, let me quote you"It's worth what some idiot is willing to pay for it!" So, if I buy a bike from Ebay, then i'm a idiot :rolleyes: What a jerk for saying some thing like that Mr.Fireman:rolleyes: You must have issues with something that you ain't saying:confused: Flame away, like I care:eek:

·
Registered
187 Posts
markcuda, I didn't see where dhwfd46 said anything about people buying a bike on ebay... It's okay to buy on ebay, I think he was probably talking about in general. For instance, I bought an 81 Yamaha 650 for 125.00, put a 50.00 paint job on it and some new decals and sold it for 1100.00. I found some idiot to give me way over what it was worth :)....

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
I agree, I don't think it has any special value just because it's the "first" one. Ride it, enjoy it and don't even think what it's worth. No-one really should care what it's worth until you sell it and then it's only worth what someone will give you for it. Jesus, it's just a bike. I know one guy that ordered one of the shriner bikes and sold it just to make a profit of 2 thousand. He won't be getting another one and he earned the bad reputation he got from a bunch of us shriners.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I'm not a fireman, and i certainly don't care if someone buys low and sells high. The MoCo makes money on these bikes as well. Rather, I was curious why someone thought the 1st bike would have more value. For some reason, I had the impresion the fire and police models were worth somewhat less on resale than a regular model. Not sure of this, just an impression. If this is true, I think it would be very hard to make a "straight face" argument that #1 is worth more merely because it is #1.

In years past, on very limited edition vehicles (e.g. a 1963 split window Corette Coupe) these numbers may mean something. However, this was a vehicles which was rare and popular when it was made. Totally different set of facts than pertain to a 2003 harley, where the Company will make the highest number in history.

On the other hand, Firehog has the right idea (at least to me) in that he plans to keep it and hopefully ride the wheels off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Markcuda,

I do have an attitude, of sorts. I have no problems with ebay or cycletrader. Nor do I condemn anyone for a successful capitalistic venture in which they make a teriffic profit, with one exception. My problem is this: Looking on cycletrader and seeing brand new Firefighter bikes with no miles on them, for sale, for a ridiculous amount of money. I've seen Firefighter Roadkings on cycletrader as high as $30,000. H-D made the bikes available to honor us. They didn't do it so some asshole with an extra $16,000 laying around could double his money, and keep a guy that REALLY wants one from being able to get one. Usually it's some volunteer that makes a hell of a lot more money than I do, and has no interest in the bike other than reselling it. I'm proud of what I do for a living. I'm proud of my bike. I'm not proud of the goofs taking advantage of the deal H-D is giving us. If that makes me a jerk, then a jerk I am.

firehog02,
I guess my post came off like it was directed personally, for which you have my apology. I'm used to hearing someone say "what's it worth," when in fact they're asking "how much can I get out of it." I didn't intend to flame you. I wanted to flame those who are abusing the system, as the principle of the matter (or lack of) burns me to no end.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dhwfd46,
i'm with you. h-d made the fire edition to honer all fireman and if it wasn't for them building this bike my wife wasn't going to let me have a harley. so i'm very happy they made it possible for me to enjoy being a harley owner. when i found out i had the first one made everybody started telling me to put it in storage don't put miles on it, well i could barley afford the first one let alone buy another one to ride while the first is in storage. i also agree there are people out there who can afford to buy one just to make a buck and thats sad because h-d made these to honer us, not to profit us.
thanks to all for your input on the matter, i believe i'm just going to ride it like it was meant to be!
dhwfd46- be safe , and maybe i'll see you on the road someday!!!
kevin

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just an FYI... 2002 Roadking FireFighter Edition 500 made, like new, only 600 miles, all original, hard bags, EFI Twin Cam 88, Fire Engine Red. $17,800 Firm 405-818-7882 or 405-321-2165
This was listed in the OKC Bargain Post, in case anyone is looking for one.
This is not my bike, nor do I know the seller. Frank

·
Registered
201 Posts
Man those Firefighter edition RK's are sweet!!! Had the pleasure of riding w/ Kawika yesterday....bike sure is a beauty dude!!!

T-bone

1 - 16 of 16 Posts