V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Replies:

Bwana01...Difficulty would be in replacing hubs with electric brake hubs, running another wiring harness and another plug on both the bike and trailer.

Waffen....Yes, I'm thinking a swivel hitch will help. I have seen three different types, one of which I would not use unless I could see it in action first. I am trying to devise a design myself, which will save me the bucks the other two require.

jack6hd....Thanks for the reply. 35 lbs in the shocks seems excessive to me, don't know if the tiny lines will hold that. Definately not recomended by hd, but if it works, that's good. 10 lbs tongue weight goes against almost everything I've ever read about tongue weight, but also, if it works, that's good. I can try different pressures in shocks and tires till I can fine tune relatiionships and still pursue the swivel hitch.

Thanks for everyones info, as some say, keep em coming. Alan
Max pressure on Roadking Custom rear shocks is 50 lbs. They are shorter. My weight is 250 and my wife is half that. I made the tongue weight lighter trying everything to eliminate rear bike shutter and it worked. You have to go with what works for you. I wish you well.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Make sure you have your weight distributed correctly, that makes a big difference especially with a sway issue. It’s a balancing act, to say the least. Have to keep your young weight with in limits dof the hitch, but want more weight in front of th axle than on it or behind it. A heavier rear will cause a sway..

21 - 25 of 25 Posts