V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Smokey said:
What have you done so far to yours?

Are those the Screaming Eagle exhaust I have been reading about?
Diamondback seat and tail (HD)
Laydown license plate frame (J&P)
Saddle Bags (J&P)
Chrome Battery/Ignition/Breather covers (HD)
Chrome Controls (HD)
Custome Clutch/brake lever (J&P)
Relocate blinkers (J&P)
Cycle shak Mufflers (ebay $25)
Fork bag (ebay $18)
Custom Grips (J&P)

Its rumored that cycle shak makes the SE mufflers for HD that HD sells for $200, you buy the new Cycle shak mufflers minus the SE markings from cycle shak for about $100. I put these on and left the baffles in just to see if the carb would sneeze (carb has not been re jetted) and doesnt. I had put on a set of stock mufflers with the baffle cut out and the carb sneezed like crazy. Even with the baffles in this sucker is loud as hell and almost sounds like drag pipes :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
H-D = Cycle Shack

I heard the same thing. My guy I spoke with in the parts dept. at my local dealer said Cycle Shack makes em for Harley. He said the Cycle Shacks sound louder though.. Not sure.. Maybe a different baffle?

I do know that when I first got my '01 Deuce, I did stage one carb mods with Cycle Shack replacement slip ons. They sounded and performed great. You're right, they almost sound like Drag Pipes.
Good deal too at $130.00.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Re: H-D = Cycle Shack

nickp said:

Good deal too at $130.00.
better deal @ $25- dont ya love ebay!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
I waited to reply....

...because all I wanted to say is, it is YOUR BIKE and the fact that you are stoked past stock, is what it is all about.

I ain't going to tell you what I think about YOUR BIKE other than to say thank you for furthering the spirit that makes it all worthwhile.

If you knew me, you would take that as a compliment for it is simply that.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts