V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happens monday.Changing my se211 cams to the wood tw6,with 4* advanced gear.95" ported heads,9.5:1,cv44,arlen ness big sucker and thunderheader.Can I get close to 100/100 with this set up? I can't wait.Thanks to all who gave me feedback.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I just compared your TW-6 advanced 4 degrees to your SE211 with no advance. It looks like you will be reducing intake duration by 8 degrees and the intake valve will close 9 degrees sooner (the intake opening is only 1 degree different between the two). The Woods cam also has 2 degrees less overlap. This should really help out your low end TQ. I hope you will post the results of your change! -Tutt

·
Registered
917 Posts
if you were at a real 9.5:1 cr with the 211 cam it would be super soft on the bottom...about 174psi ccc.

+4 tw6 will be better everywhere and your compression will go up to about 183psi ccc which is still too low but at least getting close.

probably around 100tq and 90hp.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
You could have got by for much less money and equal or better performance by installing an Andrews 37 straight up. Too many good bolt in cam grinds out there to have to spend double for the cams and then buy an advance gear as well.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
You could have got by for much less money and equal or better performance by installing an Andrews 37 straight up. Too many good bolt in cam grinds out there to have to spend double for the cams and then buy an advance gear as well.
Andrews 37 is a great camset, alot of the time I wish I would have left my heads alone and used 37's and been done with it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah,but I got the tw6 and 4* gear here,from a member,$200.I really like the TQ from the woods cams,had one in my fxr (w8).So,now do I have to bump up my compression to 10.1 or 10.5:1 to get all I can out of this cam? If I do,can I just shave my heads and thinner HG.Will I need compression releases ? And yes,I will let you know how it runs.

·
Registered
917 Posts
<<Yeah,but I got the tw6 and 4* gear here,from a member,$200.I really like the TQ from the woods cams,had one in my fxr (w8).So,now do I have to bump up my compression to 10.1 or 10.5:1 to get all I can out of this cam?>>

10:1 cr with the tw6 straight up is about perfect...191 psi ccc. With SE flattop pistons and .030 cometic hg...that is 78cc on the heads and zero deck height. I would set it up that way and try it with and without the +4. If your heads flow well...straight up should be better.

<<Will I need compression releases ?>>

Once your +190psi ccc it is a good idea.

Don't forget to bend out the tabs on the TH baffle...that will make a big difference on your build.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Am thinking of putting Andrews 37's in my Bob this winter. It's a stock 88. What difference will this make for my bike?

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Am thinking of putting Andrews 37's in my Bob this winter. It's a stock 88. What difference will this make for my bike?
While your at you might as well go to 95", 96" or 98". Just a little more time and $ while your there.

A few years back I did an Andrews 37 and a 98" BB kit and picked up 20 hp and 25 tq. I have a dyno sheet posted here in the dyno section. Made the bike a blast to ride! I really liked the 37 cams.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bend tabs

what do you mean ? I know what tabs you are talking about,but I don't understand.What will that do? And how much? And can I bend them back?

·
Registered
917 Posts
<<I know what tabs you are talking about,but I don't understand.What will that do? And how much? And can I bend them back?>>

On a 95" bending the tabs 90 degrees into the exhaust outlet will typically increase low end tq, in some areas significantly if you have the typical TH dip. You can bend them back. Run a baseline stock, then bend 2 if things improve then bend the other 2, etc.

Usually no loss of HP doing this on a 95.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got bike back from indy.Installed tw6 cams.First thing,they are noise!!! More so than the 211s.The 211s also have a better sound note.The 6s have a deeper maybe louder sound and louder is ok with me.Will take it on a good ride tomorrow,but it does what I wanted,more low to mid range power.Just hope I can live with the noise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts