V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ridin it like I stole it!
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Street Bob in Black Denim is at the dealer!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Now I am awaiting some parts to come in and be installed then I will go get it.
I LOVE the Black Denim as I think washing and detailing $ucKs!
I am DECHROMING this bike.
My list of Mods is:
13' Apes..gonna run wires internally
All Black controls
Stainless steel cables
Black Floating Rotors
Relocating front directionals to the front forks
Black Powder coating the Bars, lower legs, triple tree and rear fender struts
Dyna Wide tire kit 180 will fit nicely in there
boring the cylinders to 95'
Having Big Boyz cycle do the heads
Woods TW6 Cam
SE Flat top pistons
SE Adjustable Pushrods
0.30 Cometic Gasket
Screaming Eagle Race Tuner
Black Thunderheader

I will post some pics when its completed.

Bry
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
591 Posts
Once you go black...

bporcelli,

A lot of people with bikes will look at you funny. You can buy their stock black parts on eBay for cheap though since they traded for chrome. Now I wash my bike once or twice a season instead of each weekend. It's definitely a different look, and every now and then someone appreciates it. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,920 Posts
sounds like a great making it black plan. I like that look myself, it's grown on me. why stainless steel cables though, seems out of place, unless they're black stainless steel and I've never heard of that.

good luck and ride safe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
I currently own a black bike and have owned a black car in the past. Black is a beautiful color, but there is more to maintaining black and having it look good than any other color I know of if you truly don't like to wash.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
591 Posts
52Norm said:
I currently own a black bike and have owned a black car in the past. Black is a beautiful color, but there is more to maintaining black and having it look good than any other color I know of if you truly don't like to wash.

You're right about gloss black paint. It looks awesome after a wash and wax, but it's probably the hardest color to keep looking that nice. The flat black on the street bob tank and wrinkle black parts are low maintenance. The dirt just gives them a nice "weathered" look.
 

·
Ridin it like I stole it!
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
brownjams said:
sounds like a great making it black plan. I like that look myself, it's grown on me. why stainless steel cables though, seems out of place, unless they're black stainless steel and I've never heard of that.

good luck and ride safe.
Brownjams,
I currently use Performance Machine brakes that are STOUT. My last HD the brakes $ucked, spongy as hell. To improve them I used floating rotors and stainless steel braided lines. That seemed to help, I know my 06 has the new 4 piston brakes but I still don't think I will get the squeeze I got from the PM's.
Bry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,920 Posts
bporcelli said:
Brownjams,
I currently use Performance Machine brakes that are STOUT. My last HD the brakes $ucked, spongy as hell. To improve them I used floating rotors and stainless steel braided lines. That seemed to help, I know my 06 has the new 4 piston brakes but I still don't think I will get the squeeze I got from the PM's.
Bry
Ah that makes sense then.

good luck and look forward to seeing some pics when you get it all together.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top