V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got her all done. Thanx to all the vrod posters on this site, I love the sound of the 16 ga. SE, and the Sundowner seat is even better than I hoped! I'll get a better pic when the daylight and the rain finally decide not to spend so much time together. Again, I really just want to say how much I appreciate how much the posts from other VR owners helped me start to build the bike of my dreams! -Peace-out!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Cool pic, looks like the aliens are hovering over the spaceship!

The 16 gauge SE Double Barrels have a great sound, deep and loud at idle and Porsche like at higher RPMs. One of these days I'm going to have someone else drive the V'Rod just so I can hear what it sounds like from a distance! People have told me it doesn't sound like a Harley, more like a sport bike on steroids!

I chose the Badlander seat though, not disappointed there either.

Pete

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pspez, must be a trick of the camera, I just spray em' off and dry em' with a leaf blower.

Joe Jitsu, duct tape and chicken wire, of course.

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Finally a daytime pic

no rain and finally some sun for a couple of minutes. course it's about 35 outside.

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanx suicide, I'm really happy with them.

Quick, I can't say one way or the other with the bags, they do what I need them to which is carry a few things. They are hard to remove, and cover the side reflectors, but they do have a reflective HD chrome label. They are pretty small, but I like the look. I probably would never have bought them because of the cost, but it was part of the package that I ordered with the bike. For me it was the right choice, but I'm not ready to recommend them for everyone.

·
Registered
291 Posts
DJW,
Looks like snow tonight. I dont mind short rides in the cold, but I draw the line at snow :) Ive got 1 week until i leave for Florida on vacation, hopefully I get one or two more rides in. My V-mod pipes are on the way back to me, thats looking like spring before I hear them too :(

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
V-Mod noise

Rolling thunder down low, with a strong bark when you crack the throttle hard. They sound Awesome.

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Major Attitude said:
DJW,
Looks like snow tonight. I dont mind short rides in the cold, but I draw the line at snow
I know, it's gonna look a lot like December for us this week. Too bad you can't get the bike down to Florida, aye? Still hoping for Indian summer....have a good vacation, looks like you timed it perfectly.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Finally got most of my accessories on. Thanks to all the vrod posters on this site, I love the sound of the 16 ga. SE. It is like night and day compared to stock. I do get a better throttle response and it cleaned up the surging at 5-10 mph a bit. The Sundowner seat is even better than I hoped! The chrome parts (what were in stock) do make a great deal of difference. It is great being able to hear my bike. Some people now move out of the way.

DJW

1 - 14 of 14 Posts