V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!

After a lot of years of wanting, finally bought a Harley.

It is a 1200 custom 1999 Sportster. It has 18,000 miles on it now, (1000 are mine so far) It looks and runs like new. I paid 8900 for it. I feel that is a little high for the miles on it, but it looks so good. Factory chromed out with forward controls. Extremely nice comfortable seat. It also has some kind of wide buckhorn bars that I really like a lot. Previous owner had a dealer do a carb job and removed the baffles in the stock pipes. Sounds awesome! Saddle bags are left over from the 750 Vulcan I traded for it. The wife and I have had a good time on it. Too bad it is too cold to ride now. I would like to post some pics as it also has some different bars on it and some other stuff but don't know how to post pics yet.

Anyway, glad to be here and know that I will learn a lot.

patsue

·
Registered
193 Posts
Kinda like buckhorns but a little wider. They look comfortable. Nice lookin' scoot. Welcome, this is a great forum. Ride safe...

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome, don't be shy - post often

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very nice ride. Don't worry about the price. As long as you are happy that is all that matters. Just like you I got my first Harley this year. Aren't they great. Here is a photo of my baby. I added a few things. It still needs a few items.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts