V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Still in one piece
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 RK 88, in which I installed 204 cams a while back (already had the ignition and air cleaner and exhaust) but I was never really happy with the performance. The motor ran nice don't get me wrong but it just didn't seem to reach it's full potential. I tweaked and changed jets on the stock carb and yada yada yada. I finally picked up an HSR 42 Mikuni and what a difference. The torque is REALLY noticeable now. Wish I had done this a long time ago.

·
Banned
128 Posts
fresnohog said:
I have a 2001 RK 88, in which I installed 204 cams a while back (already had the ignition and air cleaner and exhaust) but I was never really happy with the performance. The motor ran nice don't get me wrong but it just didn't seem to reach it's full potential. I tweaked and changed jets on the stock carb and yada yada yada. I finally picked up an HSR 42 Mikuni and what a difference. The torque is REALLY noticeable now. Wish I had done this a long time ago.
Yes, Mikuni carbs are nice. The instantaneous throttle response really puts you in touch with the engine. Much better feedback, and they are a joy to tune. Such a well designed carb. A great upgrade that doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Glad to hear someone else feels the difference. I do not think I gained a great power change thru the rpm's but as to response after I first installed it, the bike wanted to leave without me until I got the feel of it. :duh?:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I put one on my last ride and loved it, I have one waiting to go on my current one when I do the 95 upgrade . The rejetted CV is OK , but I like the Mik better

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Had oneon my '98 RK, just wished they made a cruise control model for my '03 EGC. Good luck with yours!!!

·
Still in one piece
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Desert_Comm said:
but as to response after I first installed it, the bike wanted to leave without me until I got the feel of it. :duh?:
Definately. The first time I let go of the clutch the bike was gone. Kinda took me by surprise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts