V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting a Harley all my life and after having a few old beat up metrics I am making my dream come true. I pick up our FLHTI when I get back from Iraq in Feb. next year. I am stationed in Ft. Stewart, Ga. and currently servinng in Baghdad. My wife and have done some riding but not nearly as much as we wanted to due to the condition of the bike that we had at the time. Now we will be able to ride anywhere and are happy with that. We plan on a lot of extended riding after I retire from the military. Any suggestions for new Harley riders are welcome. I do plan on upgrades over time but will be in no rush (I tend to do alot of research on these things being as how I turn wrenches on cars alot). Our first will be the addition of a backrest for the wife. I have read many of the forums and have been happy with what I have seen as well as appreciated the many articles which lend advice and experiences. Hope to see everyone on the road.

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
Thank you for your service. Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the bike. Advice? You'll have the idiot's grin for a while; keep a toothbrush handy to remove those pesky bugs.

H

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the board. Your plan to proceed slowly with upgrades is a good one. Thake the time to decide what's right for YOU. I would venture to say whatever you decide to do there's someone on this board that has done it, so you have someone with experience to help.

Harris

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm. Thanks for you service. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Retired Air Force
339 Posts
Thanks for your sevice. Post often and enjoy your ride when you get back.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the best cyber motorcycle hang out in the world. Where no one cares if you ever change your sox, or your feet stink.

A wonderous journey where the boundries are that of the imagination.

I really apreciate your service to our fine country. If you ever need a buddy to talk to if the sand gets too deep over there, let one of us know. We might be able to help take the edge off at least.

Visit for a distraction, get a few laughs, learn about bikes or share info about bikes.

Hope to read some posts by you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts