V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a lot of walking in to and out of stores looking for some American made boots that I could try on. Most of the stores didn't carry a single pair of "Made In U.S.A." shoes. ( I won't buy Red Wings anymore)
It was really getting frustrating.
Went to Bob's in NJ. They had some Chippewas that were US manufactured. Not only did they fit me well, but was pleasantly surprised to get $50.00 off the retail price of $199.00 with my loyalty card that I forgot I had! They even have U.S. flags on the laces. Nice!
WF

·
Premium Member
14,467 Posts
Did a lot of walking in to and out of stores looking for some American made boots that I could try on. Most of the stores didn't carry a single pair of "Made In U.S.A." shoes. ( I won't buy Red Wings anymore)
It was really getting frustrating.
Went to Bob's in NJ. They had some Chippewas that were US manufactured. Not only did they fit me well, but was pleasantly surprised to get $50.00 off the retail price of $199.00 with my loyalty card that I forgot I had! They even have U.S. flags on the laces. Nice!
WF
I shop Bob's and prefer Chips. Great boots, man. Congrats.
Ya done good.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What still pisses me off is the staggering lack of US made boots. Only three models in the one store that had them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I too only try to buy only US made boots. The Thouroughgoods are nice and are comfortable.

Get yourself a boot dryer. My Chinese boots used to get thrown away from wearing out or falling apart. The US boots got thrown away from stinking after sweat and getting soaked with water multiple times. I have ALWAYS put this pair of boots on the dryer as soon as they leave my feet and they still smell like leather after almost a year. Greatest investment ever for work boots.

·
Premium Member
6,027 Posts
Frye Boots

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frye makes a damn good boot. Had a pair in the 70's.
I think it was the 70's. Ya early 70's.
I think.
Ha, I still have a pair of Frye boots. Probably from '79 or '80.
I like stuff that lasts! I recently priced a pair that are very similar to mine. I can't afford to buy them today! lol

p.s. The Chippewas that started this thread now have three weeks on them. No blisters, no chafing, no real break in. Money well spent!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ha, I still have a pair of Frye boots. Probably from '79 or '80.
I like stuff that lasts! I recently priced a pair that are very similar to mine. I can't afford to buy them today! lol

p.s. The Chippewas that started this thread now have three weeks on them. No blisters, no chafing, no real break in. Money well spent!
That is pretty rare now a days... Care to share some pics?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am very happy with my boots from Midwest Boot. The brand is Carolina and they are U.S. made. They even paid for return shipping so I could try one size and then another to get the right fit.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Another Made in U.S.A. brand of boots is Corcoran. Bought a pair a couple years ago, $165, still holding up extremely well. These are the Jump Boot styling with the side zipper. Durable and can be re-soled if they ever need to be, but I'll guarantee these'll outlive me.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Another good boot if the last fits your feet is Danner. But only the welted sole models.
I will not buy glued up boots. They do not hold up.
My last pair of Danners were made in the USA. They leaked and squeaked. You cannot get close to an elk wearing squeaky boots. I contacted Danner and was told they are not guaranteed against leaks and they do not squeak!

I used to get 2 years service out of Danner's

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
12 Participants
fireguy's RK
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing