V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking at Street Glides with lust since I saw my first one this past summer (right after I bought my '05 FXD). I was at Gatto's HD in Tarentum today to buy a $4 part for my Dyna. I saw a salesman I knew and asked if they would allow me to trade in both the FXD and my '04 Sporty on a new Street Glide. A Vivid Black one with a carb; did they have one in stock? It seemed a reasonable request. I don't have enough space to store more than 1 bike for the winter where I live and I've been trying to sell the Sporty with no success for the past couple of months. The salesman said he could accommodate my request. Discussions began.

After about 2 hours spent going home to get the Sporty, filling out applications, yada, yada, the F&I guy ran the numbers, located a black, carburated SG at another HD dealer about an hour away and arranged a dealer trade for Monday. Long story short; MY NEW BLACK STREET GLIDE COMES HOME TUESDAY!

I'm also going to save a fair chunk of change by not having to insure and pay for 2 bikes AND, my wife is happy with the deal! I'm still pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming.

I've spent most of the evening locked onto this forum and checking out the '06 HD P&A catalog for inspiration on must-have acessories. I am stoked! Any suggestions, aside from the usual pipes, A/C and jetting? I know I'll also need to adjust/replace the handlebars, handgrips, footboards and shifters/pedals to fit the bike to me.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
I've spent most of the evening locked onto this forum and checking out the '06 HD P&A catalog for inspiration on must-have acessories. I am stoked! Any suggestions, aside from the usual pipes, A/C and jetting?
Can't help with that, but it's always a feel-good story when someone lands a new ride. Congrats on the Street Glide. It sounds like you have a nice wife, too. Win, win!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! The new Streetglides are sweet. Did your bike come from Ohio? I was at my dealers yesterday (hour from Pittsburgh), and noticed the black SG they had was gone, still have a black cherry. Just curious, enjoy your new Streetglide!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
congrats, I remember how I was the night before I picked up my bike. It was the night before xmas feeling.

good luck and ride safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts