V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started riding in 1987 on a midsized Japanese cruiser. I changed from cruisers to a standard in 1992, and actually had the salesperson who sold me my first motorcycle ask me if I was sure that I was making the right decision since I was changing my riding style so much. He would have really asked me that question the next year when I bought a liter class sports toring bike.

Age finally started to catch up with me and the sports touring riding position was no longer comfortable for long day trips. I started looking at cruisers again, but I did not want to go with forward controls since I had spent the last 12 years riding with rear sets. I was somewhat surprised to find the Harley had the best selection of motorcycles with mid controls. I spent a lot of time looking at the various models (and the accessory catalog) and had a salesperson tell me that I would be happier with a Dyna than the Sportster that I was looking at. Well between mid March and the end of 2005 I only managed to put about 7300 miles on my FXDX and yet I really do not remember taking any long trips.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the V-Twin Forum and to the world of H-D ownership.

May the Force be with you.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'd say "enjoy that ride" but it sounds like you're way ahead of me. Congratulations.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Hello from Nashville, TN

Seems like I don't need to tell you to ride it like you stole it. haha

Congrats on the new scoot and :welcome: to the board.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Congrats on the new motorsickle!! :thumbsup: Post up often and enjoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts