V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went out yesterday with my family to go look for a new car for my teen daughter. As we were pulling onto the on ramp for 101 North a small group of four sportbike riders ripped out of the gas station next to the ramp. One didn't make the light so the other three came to a complete stop on the on ramp blocking all traffic and waited for the buddy to catch the light. Cars were laying on there horns but these guy's didn't budge. My wife and I were thinking "What idiot's, it's guy's like this that give motorcyclists a bad rap". Little did we know the show was just starting. As soon as the buddy caught the light these guys light it up. They dropped the hammer, one wheelied between flowing traffic on the highway. They were off out of site ripping between lanes doing 100mph+. We had only been on the 101 for maybe a 1/4 mile when we passed under an exit ramp. As we passed under we saw coming down the on ramp a CHP cruiser who looked pretty excited. No lights yet, I said to my wife, "watch this, he's nailing those bikers" Sure enough we can see him hauling booty catching up to the four. He lights them up yet only one notices. The CHP then pulls in front of all of them and starts that swerve manuver they do to halt all traffic. Now all traffic is stopped and he points for the four to pull over out of the halted pack of cars. We had a big smile as we passed them.

We laughed for a bit and did our car shopping. Probably took an hour or so. We decided to head back. We approach the scene of the pull over and what do we see. Three CHP squad cars, two flat bed tow trucks with all four sportbikes loaded onto the flatbeds and the riders in the back of the patrol cars. Traffic was backed up on that side for miles upon miles.

Karma....

·
Terrorists suck!
647 Posts
I wish there were more endings like that! Glad the CHips were there to observe it.

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
dougsthang' said:
Went out yesterday with my family to go look for a new car for my teen daughter. As we were pulling onto the on ramp for 101 North a small group of four sportbike riders ripped out of the gas station next to the ramp. One didn't make the light so the other three came to a complete stop on the on ramp blocking all traffic and waited for the buddy to catch the light. Cars were laying on there horns but these guy's didn't budge. My wife and I were thinking "What idiot's, it's guy's like this that give motorcyclists a bad rap". Little did we know the show was just starting. As soon as the buddy caught the light these guys light it up. They dropped the hammer, one wheelied between flowing traffic on the highway. They were off out of site ripping between lanes doing 100mph+. We had only been on the 101 for maybe a 1/4 mile when we passed under an exit ramp. As we passed under we saw coming down the on ramp a CHP cruiser who looked pretty excited. No lights yet, I said to my wife, "watch this, he's nailing those bikers" Sure enough we can see him hauling booty catching up to the four. He lights them up yet only one notices. The CHP then pulls in front of all of them and starts that swerve manuver they do to halt all traffic. Now all traffic is stopped and he points for the four to pull over out of the halted pack of cars. We had a big smile as we passed them.

We laughed for a bit and did our car shopping. Probably took an hour or so. We decided to head back. We approach the scene of the pull over and what do we see. Three CHP squad cars, two flat bed tow trucks with all four sportbikes loaded onto the flatbeds and the riders in the back of the patrol cars. Traffic was backed up on that side for miles upon miles.

Karma....
In California, anything at 100 mph or more, especially coupled with wheelies on a bike, can be considered reckless driving. The CHP officer has discretion to have your vehicle towed. Generally, that means a $30 per day storage until you can get to court to get the judge to release it. Heh heh. :)

·
We're still here ya know
689 Posts
Good! :clap:

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
~!Awesome! :duh?: :banana: :brows: :wootdnc:

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
mbkodiak said:
Priceless. :hystria:
No, pictures... now that would be priceless...

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Now if they'd start pulling over those long lines of Harley's doing sub-speed limit it'd be a perfect world.

·
Living for the ride
1,351 Posts
Bhawk said:
Now if they'd start pulling over those long lines of Harley's doing sub-speed limit it'd be a perfect world.

:huh: :huh: Sub-speed limit.....on the interstates.....you would end up road debris on the interstates I ride on. Where do you see this slow rider antics if I may ask? We all have to use our heads and notice the riding conditions (traffic) around us. :duh?:

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I'm referring to one lane roads, where I get hung up forever behind the cool crowd.

Chickenman said:
:huh: :huh: Sub-speed limit.....on the interstates.....you would end up road debris on the interstates I ride on. Where do you see this slow rider antics if I may ask? We all have to use our heads and notice the riding conditions (traffic) around us. :duh?:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Bhawk said:
I'm referring to one lane roads, where I get hung up forever behind the cool crowd.
Well hell, next time just pull on up next to the last guy in line, mention your displeasure and ask him to move outta the way. And just hope it ain't me.
:whatever:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
dougsthang' said:
We approach the scene of the pull over and what do we see. Three CHP squad cars, two flat bed tow trucks with all four sportbikes loaded onto the flatbeds and the riders in the back of the patrol cars. Traffic was backed up on that side for miles upon miles.

Karma....
Yea, coulda been a whole different scene:

Three CHP squad cars, two flat bed tow trucks with all four sportbikes loaded onto the flatbeds and the riders in the back of A MEAT WAGON. Traffic was backed up on that side for miles upon miles.

I hate that they (sport-riders) do that. I'm glad they got caught, it might have saved their very lives.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I wish a cop would have been up in the mountains this weekend. We were riding up to Ellijay, GA Sunday going about 50 on a twisting backroad when these two sportbikes came around us doing 80-90 on a doubleline curve. I don't like to wish evil shiit on people, but I was thinking how nice it would be to see them in a ditch around the corner. Fuking dumbasses.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
You're impressive.

2s Wild said:
Well hell, next time just pull on up next to the last guy in line, mention your displeasure and ask him to move outta the way. And just hope it ain't me.
:whatever:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts