V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked the H-D dealer to tell me what mapping file they flashed into my ECM - 05 Low Rider 95", 10:25 to 1 cast pistons, SE Air Cleaner, SEII slip-ons(Now Big Radius). He told me the file is 33270-05B. I have a SERT on order, so what does this file mean, as I don't see anything in the SERT info that relates to this file. I want to change a few parameters to the mid-range fuel settings(richen up). Can I open the file with the SERT, change a parameter, and rename it, and save it? I am use to reflashing ECM's, but have no experience with H-D. Thanks for your help.

Thorns

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Hey Thorns,
Connect the bike to the computer and hit "Get ECM INFO" this will tell you what Map they installed.The number they gave you sounds like a cartridge part number.
But there are better minds then me here:xhere:

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Thorns said:
I asked the H-D dealer to tell me what mapping file they flashed into my ECM - 05 Low Rider 95", 10:25 to 1 cast pistons, SE Air Cleaner, SEII slip-ons(Now Big Radius). He told me the file is 33270-05B. I have a SERT on order, so what does this file mean, as I don't see anything in the SERT info that relates to this file. I want to change a few parameters to the mid-range fuel settings(richen up). Can I open the file with the SERT, change a parameter, and rename it, and save it? I am use to reflashing ECM's, but have no experience with H-D. Thanks for your help.

Thorns
Thorns: deuce04 is correct.

Your Dealer should have a conversion chart that converts the Cartridge # (your 33270-05B) to the closest SERT Tuning File.

For example, Dealer flashed my '05 RK with Cartridge #33275-05B. (similar to your part #) In his conversion chart this corresponds with Tuning File 127EV100 which is indeed correct as stated in the SERT Tuning Calibration Information.

You may what to share your exact build components to get a recommendation for a starting file. It appears your build is 1550 Big Bore with the #22661-99A HC Pistons substituted for the standard flat top 1550 cast pistons; plus air cleaner and pipes as you stated. Do you have optional cams and/or heads?

:hmmm:

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Deuce04, Thanks man!

WVRDKing,

Stock cams and heads, and all what I have stated before. Thanks for your help. What file should I use?

Thorns

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Thorns said:
Deuce04, Thanks man!

WVRDKing,

Stock cams and heads, and all what I have stated before. Thanks for your help. What file should I use?

Thorns
105hp103

Stock cams and heads 1550 BB kit
Thats what i found in the tuner cals

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Thorns said:
Deuce04, Thanks man!

WVRDKing,

Thorns
Thorns: deuce04 has the right file, wrong year. For an '05 Dyna it would be 127HP103. One thing to remember, IMO this is the closest file to your configuration:
Calibration #2: 2001 – 2004 Softail and 2004 – 2005 Dyna (Except FLSTSi or FLSTSCi)
Configuration: 1550 SE A/C & Mufflers
File Name: 105HP103-D0.MT6, 127HP103-B0.MT6
Components:
• SE Air Cleaner and Breather Kit P/N 29440-99B
• SE 1550 Big Bore Cylinders P/N 16546-99 or 16549-99
• SE 1550 Flat Top Pistons P/N 22851-99A
• SE II Slip-Fit Mufflers P/N 80349-00A or 80258-99A
As you can see this file resembles your setup except for the pipes and Flat Top Pistons. Should be a good starting point.

I would still call the dealer and request he give you the map # based on his conversion chart.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Deuce04, that's the one I was looking at, but I didn't know if the high compression pistons would put it into another calibration level. Anyways, look how much you've learned...now I'm learning too. This is gonna be interesting, and hopefully fun. Btw, I have Version 4.5.2

Thorns

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks WVRDKing. I called the dealer, and of course they were too busy to entertain anything over the phone, so I will have to go over and ask. I also called H-D Customer Support Tech Line, and all I got was a line, "talk to your dealer", "this is a race tuner, and unless you are going to race, it is not needed." I told the lady, I race everywhere I go! She said have a good day.

Anyways, from what I see in the calibration charts, You and Deuce04 are correct, so I will use the file 127HP103. I appreciate everyones help.

Thorns

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
WVRDKING said:
Thorns: deuce04 has the right file, wrong year. For an '05 Dyna it would be 127HP103. One thing to remember, IMO this is the closest file to your configuration:

As you can see this file resembles your setup except for the pipes and Flat Top Pistons. Should be a good starting point.

I would still call the dealer and request he give you the map # based on his conversion chart.

Good luck!

Sorry Thorns I was thinking of my bike#[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts