like any input on which one to choose.

PowerCommander IIIr: I have heard lots of Sturgis goers had problems
with these.

Screaming Eagle's new unit: Doesn't allow quick external trim pot
tuning.

E.F.I. calibrator by Biker's Choice: Newbe that offers only fuel
injection control. I think it is the Fuel Nanny
renamed? "Adjustments are made based on Throttle Position Sensor not
RPMs". No revlimitor or timing adjustments.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
It depends on the application and the ability of the owner.
The DFO is very simple and could well be all you need and works both on Marelli and Delphi bikes.

The PCIIIr you would use on Marelli bikes and there are no real problems in this application, the EFI tuner is the preferred way to go on Delphi bikes. With both of these you need to know what you are doing, probably more so with the EFI tuner. All these things work both ways, the more sophisticated the options the more accurately you can dial the engine in, but the more potential for serious mistakes.

I would go as far as saying that the EFI tuner is more for those that do their own thing, it is far more sophisticated then the PCIIIr but takes a lot of time to get dialed in as things are now. When a tuner has to spend big time it usually means big money.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hippo,

Do you know how accurate (for lack of a better word) the individual maps you can download from the Dynojet website are for the PC IIIr??

They have maps for all sorts of diferent combos i.e. V&H Bigshots with SE Stage One kit and SE ECU burn.

I'd appreciate your input

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just FYI I have 10,000 mile on my '02 RG with PC111r and no probs. Lots of rain riding and extended trips included.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like more information on the "Bikers Choice" EFI Calibrator. Anyone have one? or know anything about the unit? I own a 02 FLHRCI and I'm looking to make a few small performance changes. Noise being one of those changes, which means I'll need to change the chip or will this Bikers Choice unit give me more options?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I currently run PC2 with my own modified map. The bike pulls very well. I will be trying the DFO come Saturday. I am hoping for similar performance. We will see soon.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I never think about my pc111r, which I think is good. I had it tuned w/ a dyno. Have not used the other systems, though, so can't compare.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree with Hippos assessment. I have the SE tuners kit and I wouldn't go any other way on a Delphi bike. However, the kit is new and has yet to be embraced by many mechanics. I got help from tsuter (on this forum) doing multiple data collection runs (helps if you have a laptop and a tour pack) and we designed a pretty good map before taking it to the dyno. My tuner spent a lot of time with me because he wanted to learn the system too. As acceptance grows, there will be plenty of maps to start with. I have the 103 SERK road king, so we had to start from scratch. A lot of work, but a lot of fun too.

Shooter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts