V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace the stock tail light on my Street Glide over to a LED light. Who makes the best one for the money? I like the smoked lens kit kuryakyn sells. Is this a good LED? Seems kind of cheap...

·
Another Great Day to Ride
963 Posts
Motown_LEO said:
I want to replace the stock tail light on my Street Glide over to a LED light. Who makes the best one for the money? I like the smoked lens kit kuryakyn sells. Is this a good LED? Seems kind of cheap...
If you are looking to just get LEDs for the sake of getting LEDs. They are pretty much all the same. Cheap and Dim...

If you want BRIGHT! You are gonna have to shell out some money, but, check out www.heavycycles.com

I have their set up and they are the brightest around...

Running Lights:

Brake Lights:

Check out their gallery for comparison pics of their lights compared to stock and Kuryakan...

E

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had the dealer install a Paneca LED taillight on my Street Glide. It showed about twice as bright in a side-by-side comparison with a stock taillight on a EG. This was in a parking lot during the day. I also like it's 2 second flashing brakelight feature.

However the LED's from heavycycles are the brightest I've seen to date.

regards

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
I can also vouch for the Kuryakyn Panacea LED lights. I removed them from our '01 RK before I traded it for the '04 FLHTCI we have now. I bought a Badlands modulator so I could have running lights. When I set the alarm or disarm it, my radio crackles when the lights blink. Other than that, everything is okay.

But if I have to replace them any time soon, I'll be checking out the Heavy Cycles. Not that I'm unhappy with the Kuryakyn but I do like those Heavy Cycles ones.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Ernster, are thses pic with the brake lights on?

I ask because I already have add'l brake lights and am mostly concerned with normal running light brightness.

thx, greg

·
Another Great Day to Ride
963 Posts
gbenner said:
Ernster, are thses pic with the brake lights on?

I ask because I already have add'l brake lights and am mostly concerned with normal running light brightness.

thx, greg

The first pic is of the running lights and the second is of the brake lights. I know it's hard to tell the difference from the pics, but, take a look at the "halo" between the two. That kind of gives you an idea of how much brighter they are with the brakes applied...

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
nt30 said:
Do you have a smoked or clear stage 1 or 2 for the FLHX?
In a laydown, clear is very doable... however, the smoked ones have a license plate light window on top. Either way, I could leave out the white LEDs for the license plate.

I have a few of the Clear alternatives smoke lenses around, they have no license window (all smoked), are not laydown, but they fit kinda crappy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts