V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mostly out of habit I have like many always purchased SFP scopes.
I had at many times used FFP and was well aware of the up and down sides of both.
Modern times has enabled scope manufactures to make the radical lines even finer on scopes making the FFP more attractive.
The Vortex on one of my RPR is a good scope , but it was not serving my needs at longer ranges. Decided to move it to a 308 and buy a new scope . After a long search and comparing needs , cost and quality Athlon won.
Athlon Optics Argos BTR 6-24x50mm FFP. It was missing one thing I wanted but I know how to fix that. It had no zero stop but that can be over come with a simple trick.
The radical while a bit busy will fit my needs for different rounds at ranges beyond a 1,000 yards and work well with the 20 MOA rail.
So now back to school , learn a new scope. For now I will limit the weapon to 120 and 140 match Hornady to keep it simple.
My vortexes have served me well and will do so for years to come. just this time the Athlon stood out

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The day after we left on our ride my Athlon Optics scope showed up at home. When we returned before even unpacking the bike the scope was mounted.
first impressions. The adjustment are crisp if you dial 3 clicks you get 3. Dial it up 20 and back 20 you end up right where you stated. Zero it at a quick 100 yards and shot a couple holes in holes. Not really a test for a weapon or scope like this . Soon I hope to do more with it. Being a FFP the radical is not an issue on 6X or 24X. The radical is a bit busy but not to over the top. Plenty to work with for different rounds.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,447 Posts
You'll be able to reach out and touch someone.

Sent from here to there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
smitty901
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing