V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experence with the Feuling Super Pump and Feuling HP+ lifters? Considering installing in a 02 RKC. I am not having any problem with the stock system, but if the Feuling setup is an improvement and doesn't bring on any problems of its own - then it may be actually something that will provide more overall cooling to valve train. Nov 02 Hot Rod Bikes has an article on the install and said it was "Well worth their time installing it." But the article didn't discuss how well it works - the only performance tech comment was that "Oil pressure at a hot idle went from 4 to 5 psi to 15 psi."
Feuling Motor Company claims its an all new, high-efficiency, billet, bolt-in replacement oil pump for the TC-88 and TC- 88B engines that provides 40% more supply volume and 60% more scavenge volume than the stock TC 88 oil pump.

http://feuling.com/motor/

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
They are good pumps. The only problem they have is that they tend to sump like the original TC pumps in 99. It is much more of an issue on the softails then the baggers.
We only use them on really large engines where another 500 bucks isn't a factor.

No way in the world would I open a engine that has no problems just to install this pump.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Had the feuling oil pump and lifters installed when the 95" and heads were done. Piece of mind thing, no probs after 1000 miles lol....

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hippo - So let me ask you. Do you think the pump offers enough of an improvement over stock that you would you put the pump/lifters on your bike if the pump was free and you were going to have gear drive cams installed next month anyway. Or would you say no thanks, stock is sufficient enough. Unfortunately I do have to pay for the pump, but I don't mind, but only if it will improve the lubrication and cooling.

I did some research on wet sumping- definitely not a good thing when all the oil is not scavenged out of the crankcase. If the pump worked as claimed with 60% more scavenging than stock, one would think there wouldn't be any residual oil in the crank.

One guy I was talking to said with the Feuling setup valve train noise was significantly reduced.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Sumping happens when the bike is parked. If you ride it every day it isn't much of an issue, much less it being a bagger (baggers and dyna's don't really sump because the oil tank is below the oil inlet)

If someone gave me the pump and I had the engine open anyway for something else, yes I would use it.
If someone were then to give me a set of Crane lifters, yes I woulkd expect engine noise to be somewhat or possibly significantly reduced.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HIPPO - Thank you for your honest answer!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just about 2 months ago built a Head Quarters 95ci. - 580 hq cams- hq- heads- installed and had a bad noise in the heads . I have adjusted the pushrods so many times with very little change in noise. But decided to use the Feuling lifters,with stock oil pump ,baisley spring. Let me tell you ,this is a grest set of lifters they are truly quiter than when the bike was stock. It has been a very good experience,the extra oil the spring and the feuling lifters give to the heads make it one of the quitest Harleys I have heard for some time. I brought the pistons to tdc on compression stroke,after pumping the lifters up on oil. Then at 0 base adjusted the pushrods 15 flats or 2 1/2 turns you have to hear it to believe it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts