V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having some motor work done on my '02 RG. Mechanic is reccomending Feuling oil pump. Says Harleys oil pump on twin cams after '00 are a weak link.........thoughts?

·
Registered
75 Posts
The Feuling pumps are very good and give significantly more volume. They have a tendency to quiet engines down some.

On the downside they have some tendency to sump, not sure I would use them in a TC softail, but on a Glide you should be OK if the bike is ridden all the time.

It depends how much work is being done to the engine, on a 116" I would say go for it, but on a 95" I would be somewhat reluctant to spend thqt much. I do understand that to some 500 bucks is nothing though.

H.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that the money is nothing but I can afford it and I ride a lot and really like this bike (plan to keep it for a long time......) Since I am doing some mods, nothing outrageous but 95/heads/cams/S&S gears etc I want to keep the bike as reliable as possible and to help ensure a long life. The oil pump sounds like it might be a good idea for me. Prob peace of mind but whatever............

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
If the bike is ridden all the time, ie it doesn't sit around for weeks, it should help some. I just disagree with the notion that there is a problem with the stock pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts