V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I ran the search engine and did not find the thread, so bear with me.

Maybe it was LAF or someone who recently installed the Feuling cam plate and recently posted on the subject. And someone responded with a suggestion to use longer cam plate bolts on the doweled bolt holes and gave a length to use for the bolts. What length for those bolts? Thanks.

And, does "whomever" know if the oil pressure dropped after putting in the Feuling pump since flow is increased due to larger passages? I would suspect it would but maybe the stock cam plate was so restrictive that the pressure does not drop with the feuling cam support plate. Just wondering and a pressure drop is no big dea if flow is increased which I suspect is the case.

Thanks.

Seabrook Trick Bagger

P.S.: Unfortunately, I did not have an oil pressure gauge on my bike before, but I will have one on it when I put on the Feuling cam support plate. I can post my readings but it will not be comparable to what I had before the Feuling cam plate.

·
Registered
136 Posts
STB said:
Yes, I ran the search engine and did not find the thread, so bear with me.

Maybe it was LAF or someone who recently installed the Feuling cam plate and recently posted on the subject. And someone responded with a suggestion to use longer cam plate bolts on the doweled bolt holes and gave a length to use for the bolts. What length for those bolts? Thanks.

And, does "whomever" know if the oil pressure dropped after putting in the Feuling pump since flow is increased due to larger passages? I would suspect it would but maybe the stock cam plate was so restrictive that the pressure does not drop with the feuling cam support plate. Just wondering and a pressure drop is no big dea if flow is increased which I suspect is the case.

Thanks.

Seabrook Trick Bagger

P.S.: Unfortunately, I did not have an oil pressure gauge on my bike before, but I will have one on it when I put on the Feuling cam support plate. I can post my readings but it will not be comparable to what I had before the Feuling cam plate.

You use 1 1/8 inch bolts HD Part #4814A. I would not over torque them. Look at Manual for torque value and use the lower number.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts