V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of checking for fenders that I can put on my Wide Glide once I switch over to a 16" front tire. I'm not sure that I want to go with the full front dress fender that the FL front end bikes use. I am thinking about a smaller fender that retains the sportier look of the Dynas. Does anyone have any suggestions for me, or have any good web sites for me to check? I have been looking at the Custom Chrome, Drag Specialties and JP Cycles catalogs. Better yet, does anyone who swapped out their 21" front tires have any pics so I can get a feel for the look? I have yet to see one on the road, but I know a few people on this site have done it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
After spending over a thousand dollars on several fenders, trying to make my lowrider different from others without it looking like I was trying to make it look like a fatboy,, I decided to forgo any ft fender. It is a great look for the 16 inch wheel and the wide glide forks. Simple and toughlooking!

JMHO,

Phil

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wheely said:
After spending over a thousand dollars on several fenders, trying to make my lowrider different from others without it looking like I was trying to make it look like a fatboy,, I decided to forgo any ft fender. It is a great look for the 16 inch wheel and the wide glide forks. Simple and toughlooking!

JMHO,

Phil
Phil,
I agree it's a great look. I pulled the front fender off my wide glide a while back. I loved the look until I got caught in the first rain storm and the rooster tails of water and dirt sprayed right onto me and the front of the bike. I begrudgingly put the fender back on. I can live for a while without one, but I think I want something up there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts