V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, how about that press conference with the fake reporters! Wasn't that hysterical? :ntlgh: :roflback:

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
FEMA has been screwed up for a LONG time. They ought to start all over.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
new FEMA same problems

Well nothing has changed in the White-house why should we expect FEMA to have changes?

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
toybox99615 said:
Well nothing has changed in the White-house why should we expect FEMA to have changes?
Well I had to deploy for firefighting under the last administration. FEMA was fukked up then too :roflback: . What's your point again? I know it's difficult for you to use an entry argument other than the President sucks, but give it a try. It's not like FEMA completely changes out between administrations. Or did you not know that?

Now that I think of it, this is the same FEMA that under the last administration was led by a guy who needed "sexual relations" defined for him. I know, I know- that's a really tough definition for guys.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
HiAngle said:
Well I had to deploy for firefighting under the last administration. FEMA was fukked up then too :roflback: . What's your point again? I know it's difficult for you to use an entry argument other than the President sucks, but give it a try. It's not like FEMA completely changes out between administrations. Or did you not know that?

Now that I think of it, this is the same FEMA that under the last administration was led by a guy who needed "sexual relations" defined for him. I know, I know- that's a really tough definition for guys.
So your argument is that if FEMA was screwed up under the Clinton administration that its okay that it continues to be screwed up under the seven years of the Dubya administration? :whatever:

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HiAngle said:
It's not like FEMA completely changes out between administrations. Or did you not know that?
Well it did during this administration. You didn't know that though, did you?

Following the September 11, 2001 attacks, President Bush created the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to better coordinate among the different federal agencies that deal with law enforcement, disaster preparedness and recovery, border protection and civil defense. FEMA was absorbed into DHS as of 2003. As a result, FEMA became part of the Emergency Preparedness and Response Directorate of DHS, and employs more than 2,600 full time employees. In September 2003, Michael D. Brown, FEMA’s director and DHS Undersecretary, warned that the shift would make a mockery of FEMA’s new motto, "A Nation Prepared", and would "fundamentally sever FEMA from its core functions", "shatter agency morale" and "break longstanding, effective and tested relationships with states and first responder stakeholders". The inevitable result of the reorganization of 2003, warned Brown, would be "an ineffective and uncoordinated response" to a terrorist attack or a natural disaster.
:yes:
Source

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
thrasher said:
So your argument is that if FEMA was screwed up under the Clinton administration that its okay that it continues to be screwed up under the seven years of the Dubya administration? :whatever:
Uhhh MacFly-- you did read my first post, did you not? :whatever:

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
Smokey said:
Well it did during this administration. You didn't know that though, did you?

:yes:
Source

Yeah- you're right, eveybody was replaced. Nice source. Wikpedia you say? Let us all know how many colleges let you source Wikpedia. :corn: :hystria:

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HiAngle said:
Yeah- you're right, eveybody was replaced. Nice source. Wikpedia you say? Let us all know how many colleges let you source Wikpedia. :corn: :hystria:
I'd bet any college would let you source Wikipedia.

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
Actually the college I graduated from (well, Wikpedia didn't exist then) and the college I am about to graduate from don't let me cite Wikpedia. Yeah, let's use a public source website be the focal point of facts. That'd be pretty good.

Your point again? Something about everybody being replaced.. you cited Wikpedia. Please continue.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HiAngle said:
Actually the college I graduated from (well, Wikpedia didn't exist then) and the college I am about to graduate from don't let me cite Wikpedia. Yeah, let's use a public source website be the focal point of facts. That'd be pretty good.

Your point again? Something about everybody being replaced.. you cited Wikpedia. Please continue.
I didn't say everybody was replaced. That would be a silly assumption. The head of FEMA was replaced as well as the way they do business. Can you refute that?

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
Smokey said:
I didn't say everybody was replaced. That would be a silly assumption. The head of FEMA was replaced as well as the way they do business. Can you refute that?

Read Post 5. I said not everybody was replaced. Then you argued my post, now you're arging that I was right!! :laugh: Want to pick a new argument?

Ummm, yeah, I just refuted you. :thanks:

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
You still didn't let us know what colleges allow you to source Wikpedia.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HiAngle said:
Read Post 5. I said not everybody was replaced. Then you argued my post, now you're arging that I was right!! :laugh: Want to pick a new argument?

OK, I guess you win, only I look at it a little differently. The leader was replaced. Everyone else below him is just following orders.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Smokey said:
Hey, how about that press conference with the fake reporters! Wasn't that hysterical? :ntlgh: :roflback:
it was pretty funny, though.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
HiAngle said:
Actually the college I graduated from (well, Wikpedia didn't exist then) and the college I am about to graduate from don't let me cite Wikpedia.
Does your college allow you to cite VTF R&P forum as a reference?

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
Smokey said:
OK, I guess you win, only I look at it a little differently. The leader was replaced. Everyone else below him is just following orders.
Well I would argue that even changing leaders doesn't fix the problem. The whole organization has problems and it needs to be overhauled. Their organizational structure and their systems appear as if they're seriously flawed.

My unit was sent to southern Montana (Bitteroot National Forest- not sure if I spelled that right). When we were there, I saw a bunch of "FEMA go home" signs. At the time I figured, "Well that makes sense, there's probably a anti-tax group in this part of the country and they just hate government in general". Well as FEMA response after FEMA response showed the same shortfalls, it solidified my belief that they need a "do over".

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
HiAngle said:
Read Post 5. I said not everybody was replaced. Then you argued my post, now you're arguing that I was right!! :laugh: Want to pick a new argument?

Don't bother, if you ask him Bush personally caused global warming and started the fires in California. The bush haters blame him because their Harley won't start.

On realistic topic: Running the country, running a war, managing a disaster is tremendously bureaucratic for a Republican or Democrat, and the other side constantly playing "got-ya" does nothing to help the problem.

My life time quote: "In life you come to many difficult crossroads in life, business and government, you have only 2 choices, One become part of the solution, Two, become part of the problem" !

I generally note that most if not all people that don't get this fall into the solution Two class.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Seven year and two major fiascos

I know how the conservatives always jump to defend Bush or at least they have to point out how Clinton's blow job overrides the Bush incompetence. The simple fact is Bush has been there for seven years and this is the second major freak show with FEMA under his administration. How many more FEMA screw ups have to happen before you pro-Bush followers will believe his administration does not function under pressure: maybe the is a continuing result of appointing the least qualified people to the highest knowledge jobs.

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
And no action during terrorist attacks were the standards of performance we needed to look to? Nice one.

Hmmmm, Waco also comes to mind. Yup, you're right, Clinton was hitting them outta the park left and right.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts